Need a Drivers side seat

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
Shakertori

Hi guys. I recently purchased a mighty boy which has been converted into a soft top. I think its fantastic but unfortunately the driver seat is umm, stuffed to put it politely. I live in Nth Qld (Townsville) any one know where I might get one or what other makes/models of cars would fit? :roll: Also looking for a top engine mount (it the 500cc Or 543 whatever they come in) and drivers seat belt. Cheers
mowog

Well good luck with the seat they are all stuffed. Any way they are weak and dangerous. I got belted from behind at about 15kph and the seat back collapsed and I am still having pain and physio after 3 months. There does not seem to be any seats that can easily be adapted but look for small ones with a flat base is about the best you can do. With luck you will find some with tracks that more or less line up as well. If you find something easy let us all know!
I can supply the engine bracket but you will have to pay postage from WA.
Probably cost $12 or $15.
You can have the bracket for $10 with the rubbers.
No seat belts.
Brayden

I have a few MB seats, but shipping from Canberra to Townsville would be worth more than the seat itself. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Shakertori

Thanks guys,
If the one with the engine mount could please email me at shkatori@bigpond.net.au I would be grateful to work out how to get money to you for it. As for the seats thanks for the help I may look into it a bit more am going to Adelaide soon for a visit might see what I can find there. :)
bswift16

hi there
i can tell you now you will not find any good seats in Adelaide i spent a month trying. if you can give me an idea of when you will be here Ill have another look around for you. :)
cheers Brian
willing to prove red ones go faster
Shakertori

Change of plans not going to Adelaide now mum and dad comin here yay saves me some money so more I can spend on MB!! 8)
Last edited by Shakertori on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mowog

A guy i was talking to today says he has fitted Honda Prelude seats apparently the tracks off the Boy can be adapted fairly easy and the seats are about a million percent better. Don't know what model but they cost him about $300 so must have been reasonably recent but not real recent.
Brayden

They'd be out of the wedge-shape late 80's/early 90's model Prelude, but you can also use seats from a Mazda 323, Honda CRX, Swift GTi, and probably a whole heap of others that I haven't heard about.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Shakertori

Thanks guys, I just got my hands on an 86 Alto so I'm hoping the seats will fit. Same size motor as the MB but doesn't have the top engine bracket :( so still need one of those. Also thought the wheels would come in handy but they are only 10" not 12. But at least the seat is in good cond and the motor seems to run well so will get a few spares of it before sending off to the metal recyclers :)