my boy is revving high

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Shayne

i took the top of the carby off my 550.. all orginal and gave the float chamber a little clean out and now ive put it back togethor and the boy is revving its tits off wen i start it, any suggestions?? thanx
Colin

check your choke linkage is in the right spot
MORE BEER! :beer:
Shayne

i need abit if help.. i dunno what your tlkin bout col.. can u do photos.. but looks all good to me
evilgidget

is it back together correctly? a vacuum leak through an incorrectly fitted gasket will cause that problem
Colin

did you damage the gasket taking it off
Shayne

ok thanx ill check it out and tell u how i go
Shayne

i cleaned alot of S**t out of the carby so i suspect this may be the case to why its revving soo high is there a idle screw i could adjust??? thanx
Colin

yea at the back of the linkages theres a screw at about a 45 degree angle turn it anti clock wise ,....make sure your accelerator cable isnt tight
Josh

If it's your first time adjusting the idle Shayne you may find it easier to do so with the air filter assembly removed. The idle screw points back in the direction of the firewall and despite having played around with it many times I still struggle to find the little bastard under there sometimes...

Removing the air filter assembly is relatively easy. Just remove the nut at the top of the shaft that goes through the filter casing, undo the bolt that attaches the casing to the rocker cover, and then disconnect the blowby return pipe and that's it!

Adjust the idle so that it's slightly higher than you want to compensate for air resistance in the air filter assembly, although the impact of this is neglegible so don't make a fuss of it.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Shayne

i figured it out.. it was a spring that was off and it was pushing on the vaccum chamber and holding it on... thanx guys/girls