Turbo 660cc 3cyl! plz read

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
boosted_alto

hey every1! While going thru the used engines market, I spotted a turbo fitted to a very small engine! on close inspection and after assking the retailer, I got to know it was a 660cc 3cyl EFi intercooled turbo engine!!!

and a direct bolt on a alto! Im getting it for 25000 Pak Rupees! I gotta tell u 57 Pak rupees = 1 US Dollar! Do the math and tell me the specs of this engine and is it worth it to get in ma alto??
eDave

Is it a suzuki F6a?

Even if it's not, the EFI would be a nice addition, but you must check as to whether it comes with an ECU and wiring loom.

You'll have to modify your fuel system a bit too..

Good luck with it (and especially the 'bolt-in' bit - that is always easier said than done)!
boosted_alto

Its a suzuki engine for sure and I think there was only one engine 660cc turbo EFI!! (I MIGHT BE WRONG) !

Plus what mods will I hav to get done for fitting it in my alto! And is it a good enuf enginee to play wid?
Fynn

Supposidly the power is 47kW at 6500rpm and 5 PSI of boost.

Mine is running 9 PSI of boost so I can only guess that it's putting out more power.

As for the conversion you'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you just get an engine. Get a front cut. Look up the body shape of your Alto and try and get an Alto Works front cut that has the same body as yours.

My conversion was probably a little to much hassle if I got someone else to do it for me. As I just so happen to have access to most of the tools and equipment I needed I could build most of it myself. I used as much of the 'stock' loom as I could. I used the works Dash and guages and it took me ages to get it ALL to fit in any manor of speaking. The Tach really comes in handy! Now it's all done it was worth it.

A few things to note. I couldn't get the air filter to fit so I had to find a suitable QUIET filter. Make sure you put the CAT into it or the EPA will chuck a fit.

All in all. GET THE FRONT CUT. I couldn't imagine how I'd manage it without having all the extra parts from my front cut.
Josh

Boosted_Alto is in Pakistan, so emissions regulations aren't any object for him... lucky sod. :wink:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Brayden

Fynn wrote:Supposidly the power is 47kW at 6500rpm and 5 PSI of boost.

Mine is running 9 PSI of boost so I can only guess that it's putting out more power.
Pretty sure that 9/10PSI is stock. My import F5A turbo runs that standard.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
n2o_spark

how much boost can you run before it fuel cuts? how would i want to run? is 14 psi too much for the little engine.. what is your at now brayden? and in terms of power how much difference was 4 psi make?

thanks
Brayden

You can keep upping the boost until you hear it pinging, then back it off a bit. 12PSI should be acheivable, fuel cut is at 14PSI I believe.

My ute runs 7PSI at the moment, but will be on 10 when I fix the throttle cable and distributor. Van runs anywhere between 10 and 13 pounds depending on the temperature. (Pings when hot)
Fynn

Everything I have been able to find says that the CR22S Alto Works FrontWD should be running 5 PSI. I know I havn't messed with my engine so it's entirely possible for it to be 9PSI stock I guess. But, just remember for a second that my engine is a f6a DOHC not the f5a. I think maybe running only 5 PSI limits the power to 47kW, MAYBE.

PS. Sorry Boosted_Alto, I didn't realise you wheren't in Australia.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the speed limiter without having the ECU go into limp home mode? There's two electric contact screws in the back of the speedo that I took out and the get's rid of the limiter but, now the ECU goes into limp home mode at what and the check engine warning light comes on.
n2o_spark

my alto runs 10 psi stock.. but it somtimes creeps up to 11 psi under load.

though this doesn't help as i've just realised you've got an f6a and i've got a doch f5a.. but now people can know for sure about the f5a
c1orja1n

Does anyone know wether the F6A turbo can be fitted to a F8B engine? An F6A turbo-kit, I can get directly from store, however if it's al lot of fussing about, I'm not gonna bother with buying something new.
Josh

Have a chat to Brayden. :D
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
c1orja1n

Thanks Josh
Josh

*lol* Don't mean to be a stirrer... :lol:

I *think* Brayden's using the manifold and turbo off an F6A which he found bolted strait on to the F8B block but I could be waaay off and re-writing history in my head so I'm not interested in stating anything as fact. Ask Brayden.
Brayden

I'm using the F6A exhaust manifold and turbo from a JDM Suzuki Jimny, which is great on an F8B because it mounts up in such a way that you don't even have to relocate the alternator. (Dump pipe is completely useless though.)

I can't see why the manifold stud pattern on an Alto derived F6A manifold would be any different to all the rest. The different mounting location for the turbo off the manifold mightn't suit your application though.