Bloody ordinary motor

Chat about anything and everything.
cuz

Got another F8b and started the rebuild. :) Its a bloody ordinary motor tho. :( Rings broken and bores scored . 2 cylinders bored out fine for 020" tho oversize, but centre one f---ed. Ive got caste iron hollow bar but dont realy want to sleeve it. I havent got Cols Ken on motors so I want to do this one simple, solid and ready for turbo. :twisted: No hurry tho, other motor only got 54,000- klicks on it, but since I found that crack in the head I just dont have confidence in it anymore. Might have to pay the hatch man a visit . :|
cuz
evilgidget

Where have you tried for 800 motors? Bishops Bridge, Singleton Heights & Cessnock wreckers all had them last time i checked. If all else fails, there's Tony's & AAA at Sandgate that occasionally have them.
Stick with local motors first, then start looking at the flogged out city motors if you can't get one.
cuz

I got this motor for free adam, so theres no great drama. The rest of the motor looks like it will rebuild fine. IL give pete a ring tomorrow & see if that $50 block is any good. I could spend the bucks & buy a used motor and still come up with the same problem. The first motor I reconditioned was a learning experience, This one is just " zen " :wink:
cuz