adaptor plate

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
shavenyak

Well I guess it's cause the only info I've been hearing on the forum is regarding webers?
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:I have no idea why nobody has tried the stock carby off a non-turbo Charade! They bolt straight on, and being tuned for an engine with 200cc more size they would have to be close to spot on for fuel delivery for a "warmed" F8B. ;)
That's actually a pretty good idea there Brayden.

By warmed over i take it you mean stuff like cam, extractors & comp changes?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
fritz

I've definately considered it before, but have been put off by the fact that they're likely to be hampered by emissions stuff, not to mention that linkages etc will be much harder to source than webber stuff.
- It surprises me that you didn't run one when your boy was N/A. :D

I've also been trying to see if there are any webers with the right sort of stud pattern. After all some early fiats seemed to have the same pattern (as the diahatsu has) as mightyboys.
- I've had very little luck with it though. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Adaptor Applications
10-112 Adapts Holley 1-238, 1-239 or Weber
downdraught to the following vehicles:
• Chevy Luv with 1600cc Isuzu engine
• Chrysler/Mitsubishi Colt, Galant, Lancer,Sigma
• Mitsubishi Express L300
• Citroen CX2200, CX2400
• Daihatsu with 80mm x 43mm carb base
• Datsun 1600, 180B, 200B, 240K, 260C, Bluebird, 510, 610.
• Fiat 125 coupe, X-19, 131
• Ford Courier with Mazda engine
• Holden Gemini 1600 OHC (Isuzu)
• Isuzu, Bellet, Gemini, Luv
• Mazda 1200, 1300, 808, 323 rear wheel drive model, 1500, 1800, 929, Capella 121, Mazda 1400
• Toyota Corolla, Corona, Celica, Crown, Celica 1600 TA22 1971-75
All with 80mm x 43mm carb base.
ToranaGuy

Won't you need the " emissions stuff " to keep the car conforming to the ADR's?

I couldn't imaging setting up the throttle & choke ( if needed ) cables to be much harder than setting up for a custom weber.

I've got to do a custom cable setup for my Torana soon. Turbo setup with a Gas Research 440 TB in draw thru. I'm still undecided how to route the cables, as i'm trying to hide anything i can in the bay. Wiring & brake lines are easy to hide.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
fritz

ToranaGuy wrote:Won't you need the " emissions stuff " to keep the car conforming to the ADR's?
That's whay you keep the old f5a carb. ;-)
ToranaGuy

fritz wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:Won't you need the " emissions stuff " to keep the car conforming to the ADR's?
That's whay you keep the old f5a carb. ;-)
I take it that's to pass the RWC and/or engi inspection, then you swap carbies.

For me, that would be too much hassel, i'd just want it legit in the first place.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
fritz

No RWC's here in WA.
Licence it once & that's it. :D :D :D
Jermaine

same here in tas
ToranaGuy

So the cops can't defect a vehicle over there? ( WA / TAS ) Eg due to emissions gear not hooked up, or other defects?

Atleast we don't have annual RWC checks here, yet. I think that would be more of a PITA than do any good, but BY-annual could be acceptable.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

ACT used to have annual inspections for any car older than 10 years, and it was compulsory to have this inspection carried out by the RTA.

The gummint scrapped that law in the mid-ninetees, but set up a random inspection taskforce that go around doing checks on cars in carparks. So you can park your car, go to work/shopping/lunch/whatever, and come back to find a notice to say your car has been inspected. (They even jack it up, and get underneath!)

Sadly this taskforce isn't near large enough, because I still see too many shitbombs getting around. :(
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
fritz

ToranaGuy wrote:So the cops can't defect a vehicle over there?
They can, but are very unlikely to stop (and inspect) a vehicle if the owner isn't being a dickhead. In close to 20 yers of driving, I've never had a car inspected or defected. :)
jono

hey fritz, i put some pics of the weber conversion in my gllery too, in case you didn't know :)
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:ACT used to have annual inspections for any car older than 10 years, and it was compulsory to have this inspection carried out by the RTA.

The gummint scrapped that law in the mid-ninetees, but set up a random inspection taskforce that go around doing checks on cars in carparks. So you can park your car, go to work/shopping/lunch/whatever, and come back to find a notice to say your car has been inspected. (They even jack it up, and get underneath!)

Sadly this taskforce isn't near large enough, because I still see too many shitbombs getting around. :(
Wow, they have the power to jack your car up for the inspection. I don't like the sound of that. Esp in a busy car park! I'd much rather an annual or bi annual inspection.

I managed to get my ford defected and i wasn't driving like a d*ckhead, the cops needed to get their numbers up to reach quota. Everything except the oil leak was minor and fixable on the spot, and hell, they couldn't even describe the oil leak correctly! Yet these guys have the power to defect cars. Only trained mechanics should be allowed to do that, not run of the mill cops......

Anyway, ontopic, i don't see how the benifits of running a carby without the pollution gear is worth the risk of a defect & possible EPA fine to go with the defect.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

ToranaGuy wrote: Anyway, ontopic, i don't see how the benifits of running a carby without the pollution gear is worth the risk of a defect & possible EPA fine to go with the defect.
The odd thing is that the DOTAR/RTA rules state that an engine under 850cc and older than '92 (could be earlier) does not require a catalytic converter, which I would argue could be extended to other pollution gear.
As much as I hate to flout the law, I would guess that 99% of officers/inspectors wouldn't realise an MB is supposed to be fitted with emission control gear. (charcoal cannister, EGR, etc)
Both an engineer and the RTA passed my F8B conversion with none of this installed.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
me217

hey brayden did you get a mod plate for your f8b conversion. or did it get through without it.

me217
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.