steering wheel boss

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
fritz

I got my boss kit the other day for my new (old) Momo :D , but the boss doesn't seem to be a good match for the steering column. It is a autotechnica one, and is a universal fit for suzi's apparently - same as the sierra etc. Has anyone else has similar experiences with autotechnica bosses?

Cheers

BTW - The model No is 323
Colin

na mine fitted up good
MORE BEER! :beer:
Almost a Mini

Yeah, had similar problems when trying to get a Momo/Autotechnica boss kit for our Cappuccino. Ended up with the Autotechnica kit and it fitted OK. . .other than it left a small gap between the boss and the steering column shroud (this was on both the Cappuccino and the Mighty Boy).
I solved this pretty easily by enlarging the tapered section of the boss (below the splines) with a dremel sanding drum. Only a tiny amount had to be cut away and everything fits fine (the splines themselves are untouched). I guess the tapered section of the MB steering column is a different angle to Swifts/Sierras etc. . .either that or Autotechnica's quality control is a bit crappy. . .

Pete in Perth
Brayden

Can't go wrong with a SAAS boss kit. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Almost a Mini

. . .other than a Momo wheel wont bolt up to it? :)
Brayden

It sure will if you've got a tap&die set. :P
fritz

Way too much hassles for me... :-o
Dont get me wrong, when the wheel is fitted it sits nice & snug but the it just doesn't seem to 'slide on' like the origional unit did.
I am actually very happy that the autotecnica boss is quite a short boss compared to most boss kits I have seen.

Oh well, its on now (and lookin good) - I was just curious.
Josh

Brayden wrote:Can't go wrong with a SAAS boss kit. ;)
The Autotechnica kits on the market at present are better quality that the SAAS boss-kits and are compatible with all SAAS and Autotechnica wheels.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Brayden

BOO! HISS! :boxing:

I have no idea about the current situation with SAAS boss kits, but I bought mine about 5 years ago and it is far better quality than any of the new plastic covered Autotechnica ones.

Meh, so long as I can bolt on anything other than the standard steering wheel I'm happy! :wink: