Rotary 13b Into a Suzuki Carry TRUCK!!!!

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
E C H E L O N

Hi guys,

i spent 10k on a mightboy a while back and put a f5a turbo into it and spent a fortune. i then sold it for $3.5k sadly i miss it to death! so i thought of buying another mighty boy and doing it up but then decided that its time to move up into this world!! i bought a suzuki Carry truck 1980 and its in beautiful condition. just woundering what is the best engine to put in this babby? would a GTi 1.3 DOHC be a direct bold on? or would a ROTARY series 5 13b turbo be a better option. There is just so much room for play in this car! all advice would be much appreicated.

thanks
daronk18

where i live they just opened up a drag track and at one of the meets a few months back there was a carry with a rotary in it, it was so fast it was sweet. id say do that if you can.. :evil:
E C H E L O N

i would like to put a rotary in it, just scared that it will cost me $$$$$$$$$$$?? if its possible to do a direct bolt on from the GTI then i would rather that, but 13b turbo is my main goal, just wana be a 100% sure before i do this project lol.
Brayden

No way that a G13B will be a direct bolt in sorry mate. If you want outright power then the rotor is the way to go, but a 12A would likely be easier to install.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
E C H E L O N

ok kewls! thanks Brayden, but do some 12a rotorys come turbo??? im not sure if they do or not? a 12a is much smaller then a 13b i agree, i just hope i can track a 12a rotary with turbo? i i could i guess it wouldnt be to pricey soi think i might consider this. i wounder how much these 12a's go for? :?
niiko

a 4agze bottom end with the 20 valve head
:)
Brayden

Mate if you need any more than a well sorted (or should I say bridge-ported!) N/A 12A to move a 650kg Carry truck then you're doing something horribly wrong!
E C H E L O N

heheh yea!! u got a good point, brige ports are the way to go and cost effective (sound crazy when done right) :-o another problem that might happen with this project (12a into a Carry Truck) is that ussualy 12a have broken seals in them because there made out of rubber, which will mean im looking at buying a 12a out of the tradeingpost/quokka and then getting a $1.5k rebulid + $780 portation job at ROTAMOTION. the end question guys is that should i get a FUEL INJECTED 12a or a carburetorated 12a? advice will be appreicated :)
Brayden

Either way mate, it would depend on what you can get. EFI would be more fuel efficient but carbs would be cheaper to get more power out of because you don't need to spend $1000+ on an aftermarket ECU.
stevan_istheman

Why bother with all the little stuff...
1UZFE lexus V8: all alloy, quad cam, 32 valve
They're about 200hp stock... or you could add a twin-turbo or supercharger package and have some serious fun. :twisted:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
E C H E L O N

Thats nonsence! its just like me saying " well why dont i chuck a 4g63t into it" i write this post because i want to find a cheap and easy way to gain power. And im leading on the way towards a 12a nows. looking in the quokka 2day and there is one for wreaking by he said that its cooked! i dont even know if a rotary has a head gasket lol but i didnt worry about it, maybe next week i can find one.
Yellowturtle

In the course of my search on how to upgrade my carry van. I've just found out down south of the Philippine Island in Mindanao, they upgrade their engine by putting a Toyota 4k engine (1.3cc) for drag race.
E C H E L O N

U know the engine model number? the only engine i could thing your talking about is the TOYOTA STARTLET engine, its 1.3 litre DOHC and it can come turbo charged. is this what your referring to?

thanks
Yellowturtle

I'm not sure but it could be. The 4k engine usually comes from a Toyota corolla in the mid 1980's. They were so many of them both private and public (taxi's) because it was a good and economical engine. They were also use in small wooden boats by our fisherfolks and it was locally called banca's.

The info that I got was they use a front engine Suzuki carry van and replace it with a Toyota 4k engine and a Toyota Hi-Ace transmission. The 4k engine is tilted at an angle more or less the same as the F5 or F6 engine. But the tricky part is how to mount it securely underneath. I'm waiting an email from a friend how they do it in Davao. Hope he also email me some pictures.
E C H E L O N

kewl, can u keep me up2date once u recieve the email? much would be appreiciated

thanks