MB piston sizes

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cuz

Could anyone tell me the next size up from 020" thou oversize ( if any ) please. Got this block set up & ready to skim, but by the time I get the corregations out I think its gunna be outside the top tolerance. :cry:
cuz
Brayden

Shit I don't like your chances mate. Col may know of a supplier, or perhaps Evilgidget - as I recall his MB had upgraded flat/dome top pistons in it.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Colin

30 thou are easy to get 40 thou are getting hard to get
MORE BEER! :beer:
cuz

030" thou sounds good to me col, where do I get them & how much moola am I looking at :) p.s. its a F8b
cuz
Colin

repco,auto pro but you will find they will be cheaper if obtained by the machine shop who will be boring the block (ps if you want a good motor done bring it down here ...it's what i do 8) )
MORE BEER! :beer:
cuz

Thanks col, Boring the blocks not a problem, I can do that myself. It looks like the bloke Pete bought this block from tried to hone 020" thou out with the stones :| leaving corugations in bottom of the bores. By the time I skim them tru, there wont be enough metal left to hone. I,ll try repco for the pistons ( 040" if they have them 030" if they dont ) :wink: Ta very much
cuz