86 alto running sh*t

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Brad_Alto

hey all im new to this forum, i own a 86' Alto paddock basher 8) . Im having a few issue's with it at that moment, for starters it isnt running good, it doesn't have a second barrel it only has one but it was running fine with out one. But i think its getting too much fuel - when i drive it for 10 minutes then turn it off for 10 minutes and try starting it again it takes awhile then once it starts it chuggs and chuggs dark black smoke, for 30 seconds or more. What should the mixture be? I think its too rich. Any help would be appriciated.
Regards,
Brad
PS if u want pics of the alto just pm me
86 Alto Paddock Basher
Brayden

Welcome to the site. 8)

The only way to adjust the running mixture is by replacing the jets, so if you haven't done that then I guess the problem is elsewhere.

I'd be pulling off the carby and either rebuilding it or at least take a good look at both the cut off solenoid and float level. Sounds to me like you've got a fuel leak, as there is pretty much no way an Alto running on only the primary throttle could be over fuelling if the rest of the carby is okay. ;)

Check out the MightyBoy section too, theres a thread in there on rebuilding and beefing up carbies.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brad_Alto

Hey Dude, well thanks for the reply! I believe you have seen this alto Brayden its a broze one a guy called Adrian owned it. The Alto was running excellant without the 2nd barrel, until today it started running like shit. I used to have a rubber band holding the 2nd barrel acting as a spring but it ran like shit with it on. Well thanks for the Super Quik Reply
Brad
86 Alto Paddock Basher