amr300 on f8b

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
jono

fritz wrote:Everytime I see this thread has been updated I'm excited to see what's been added. Sadly when I check it there's talk of v8s and not amr300s... :x
I think I'm probably not alone in being keen to find out more about this topic, so to those undergoing this process, feel free to share... :) :) :)
Second that :)

Unfortunately I have delayed my AMR300 setup for a while now, but will be waiting in anticipation to see how bswift goes!!
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
ALMIGHTY BOY

got the blower, s.u., two 800`s one to be blueprinted, the other on the shelf. why no intercooler with draw through? getting ready to start this project need a wee bit more info, the guy who had the minis can you help? much appriciated.
Brayden

Because if you run an intercooler with a draw through setup it will fill with petrol, then explode if you get a backfire.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cam

Is there any danger with under hood fires with a draw through setup as the fuel/air mix is going through the supercharger.
Im new to carbie so im a little cautions with boosting them

cheers

Cam
niiko

why can't you tape a pipe to the top of the fuel bowl, and plumb it back to the intake. In theory that should be able to have a turbo or supercharger blow throught the carb.
Brayden

Because that pressure, coupled with the additional fuel pressure will most likely cause the carby to hemorrhage somewhere. The most common way to make a standard carby accept positive air pressure is to enclose it in a box to equalise everything.
ALMIGHTY BOY

thanks brayden, i have done a wee bit more research now so i understand what youre saying. so the intercooler has gone. i`m just waiting to find out about a g`box, then i`ll have all the bits i need. do you know of many people who have supercharged the f8b motor? im a coachbuilder so doing the body is not a problem, and i have some `very` good mechanics able to help me, do you know of good pistons and rings for the f8b, i`m looking for double moly rings and do you know of forged pistons possibly? hope i`m not asking too many questions, but it`s hard not being from aus, just a finger in the right direction would be great. on a less related matter a custom chopper i built is due to be featured in heavy duty mag i think this issue septoct, so you can see what i`m into. i think what you`re doing with these forums is great there was nothing when i first got my `boy in `02. cheers
Brayden

I wouldn't worry about asking too many questions - well unless they're the really basic ones that could be answered by searching of course!

In regards to pistons I only know of one F8B with non-standard units, and that's Colin's offset pistons, although I don't think they're forged. Apart from looking at the suitability of genuine SuzukiSport items i would investigate bike pistons.
ALMIGHTY BOY

good on ya brayden, we (my assistants) and i were thinking maybe bike pistons, and i know a few bike fowk, so i`ll look into that avenue when i get nearer the time, hopefully soon. just got to get the box and `suppose flywheel to convert auto to man, is it that simple, what are the pitfalls there? is the crank compatable? thanks again for yer help.
Brayden

Auto to manual conversion requires a manual engine cradle (or modifications and brackets for the auto one), as well as a bridge for the plug that would normally go to the auto gearbox from the computer under the seat. Oh and a clutch pedal assembly and cable probably wouldn't hurt. :lol:

From memory the rest should be plug and play.
ALMIGHTY BOY

i`ll explain what i`ve got: man. f5a running daily transport, very tired. to go in is an f8b motor without auto box. want to fit man box, then transplant into the `boy. will also run amr 500 (got) with hif44su (got) apart from all the plumbing which i can fab myself, what do i need to mate the auto f8b motor to the man. f8b box.?
ceej

This is the technical FAQ:
http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2738
(use it! :slap: )

This will answer your question:
http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

ceej, that auto/manual conversion thread won't help - from what I understand the guy already has a manual in the car with an F5A, but he wants to install an F8B motor from a donor car that was auto.

If thats the case then so long as you use the F5A front engine bracket then the rest will bolt right up, however you will have the shitty F5A gearbox ratios that aren't really suited to an F8B.
ceej

My understanding from a few posts up was that he had an auto F5A in the ute. Then he had an F8B outside of the ute, which he was trying to find an F8B manual box for. So the way i see it, he is doing an auto to manual conversion wth the added upgrade of an F8B. :NFI:

:EDIT:

Just noticed the
ALLMIGHTY BOY wrote:man. f5a running daily transport, very tired
So i guess he is already manual...
Garry. Nuff sed!
ALMIGHTY BOY

correct, already manual, but aquired f8b engine only from automatic hatch. want to get (or need to get) 800 manual box to mate to forementioned engine. the engine (without box) has no solid flywheel as such. can i fit an 800 flywheel to the crank, then bolt on a man. box. the engine mounts etc are not an issue at the moment as the car is still driving.(stock f5a manual) i`m only trying to get every thing i need to put it together on the bench, e.g. complete f8b with man. box, no engine mounts, no inlet or exhaust, just the main components. sorry guys, i`m a bit hard work at times but this wee thing with your help will be tremendous, will post pics of previous guises for your pleasure soon, cheers.