where to get new shocks????????

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
chocky

anyone know where i can get some shockies for my 1985 suzuki van,new or used doesnt matter,ive tried a few auto shops but they cant find a part number for fronts.

prefer seconhand cause i dont wanna spend too much on the old van.
Brayden

New struts for a Carry don't exist, hense why you can't find a part number. If you can't find a decent set second hand then your only real option is to have the old ones rebuilt.

A backyard fix is to drill a hole in the strut and fill it with a thicker sump oil, which does actually work for old hydraulic shock absorbers. Don't try this if for some reason you have gas struts. (Very unlikely).
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mad f10a

Hi mate , i can still get brand new struts for the carry , but they arent cheap , bout $550 for the pair , otherwise i can sell you my other pair of struts for $100 for the pair.

Hello brayden , its dave , you probably know me better as losfer or n0madic , heh

thought id finally join your forum , seeing as it is the only one around i can find with a specific carry van based community.

PS: tell your mate i'll send him this crossmember for the cost of postage +pics of his new squeeze .lol
www.lol.endoftheinternet.org/supercharge.htm
Brayden

Dave mate, good to see you here. I'll put the hard word on Scott, see what he says. :lol:
Jermaine

hey chocky were abouts are u located in tas? im from the north east area near scottsdale
chocky

pm sent.

im in devonport mate.
Jermaine

ah ok cool
itsfo

mad f10a wrote:Hi mate , i can still get brand new struts for the carry , but they arent cheap , bout $550 for the pair , otherwise i can sell you my other pair of struts for $100 for the pair.
damn thats a bit steep.. why so expensive?

I need some bad...
mad f10a

supply and demand ...

you see i have some front struts , and you need some front struts.

but as it turns out i havent even pulled them out the car yet as i sold the rear springs and dont want to disable the car from being moved totally and have had other things on my plate....
www.lol.endoftheinternet.org/supercharge.htm
hongster

can anyone still get springs or shocks for the carry?????

i can get front springs re-made but at a big cost and 4-6weeks wait as i have to take them out for them to copy i cant drive for4-6 weeks either?

please help...
Mad_Aussie

Monroe do new dampers for the Carry, again, not cheap. Around $485 for the set, which I presume is all four, don't do them individually. They can be ordered through Repco.

Does anyone know if they are the same design as any other Suzi? Sierra perhaps?
Brayden

Nope. The carry has a unique short body strut in the front, just to be able to fit under the cabin.
Mad_Aussie

Well i'm gonna go talk to pedders at some point and see if they can help, but yeah Monroe have some.
Carryed Away

Is it at all possible to buy lower springs for the front??

The only thing that annoys me about these cool little cars is the lack of parts available, new or used.

I went to repco to buy a simple oil filter and they dont even have a listing, they cant be that rare, surely.
Brightline Racing Fabrications 0401 187 414
Carryed Away

this place gives me a slight glimmer of hope :P

http://www.suzistore.com.au/shopdisplay ... ARRY+SK410
Brightline Racing Fabrications 0401 187 414