Hi im new here.

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Sick m8

I am looking at getting a Mighty boy and i was wondering if it would be hard to convert an auto to a manual?

how hard is it to find parts for these cars? i had a VW golf and it was really hard finding parts in tas.

i am asking how hard it is to do a tranny swap coz i have my eye on this auto MB in almost mint condition (from what ive seen of it)
Sure i own a corolla...but i wanna get me a mighty boy.
Josh

Sick m8 wrote:I am looking at getting a Mighty boy and i was wondering if it would be hard to convert an auto to a manual?
Not at all! :wink: It's simply a matter of finding yourself an F5A gearbox in good condition and a subframe out of a manual MightyBoy to replace the sub frame in the automatic. Or, if you've got the gear and the ingenuity, simply adapt the automatic subframe to suit the manual gearbox.

Sick m8 wrote:how hard is it to find parts for these cars? i had a VW golf and it was really hard finding parts in tas.
That all depends on what parts you're after. As of fairly recently, front gas struts to suit the stock setup will no longer be available and we'll instead be forced to do a conversion to the Swift setup. Carby kits and engine parts aren't that hard to seek out... What will probably be the biggest challenge in the near future is sourcing replacement plastics such as rear indicators, dashboards, etc.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Sick m8

well if i do get 1 i will try and get what ever i can get 4 it in good condition and keel it all in the shed.
Sure i own a corolla...but i wanna get me a mighty boy.
springa

i changed the transmission in mine, auto to manual.
Cost $1500 for a new engine (F8b and box) and the labour to change it all over. Only took the guys at suzisport about 3 days.