filter??

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
kidwithahatch

hey guys i was wondering where you would be able to get an air filter similar to the one that Greg has on his setup? I had a look at the K&N site and all theres were only racing legal and not sure what exact size the flange would need to be, spose i could measure it.

And by chance does anyone have a pic of a supercharger setup on an f8b??

Cheers... Josh
stevan_istheman

Check out rocket industries...
They've got a listing for a nice little triangular filter similar to greg's one.
I'll ask me friend about it when i see her on tuesday. (she works for supercheap) :wink:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
hatchman

last time i check... admit it was a while ago, unifilter made filters that drop into the factory housing
kidwithahatch

that would be sweet thanks hopefully they might be able to order the k&n one im after in as i have seen them stock other k&n filters
Joel

thats a ramflo on Gregs
they're more for looks and noise rather
than filtering ability
but just ignore the "legal for race or offroad use only" warnings
theyre require by law to put those on
u'd be amazed at how much stuff actually has those stupid labels on them

switching to a sports aircleaner tho can give performance gains but also often kills drivability in some condtions like winter due to lack of preheating, altho not a major issue around here

-Joel
stevan_istheman

Here's the link to the filter I mentioned...
I'm pretty sure it will fit but i'm not certain.
http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/desc ... tno=ED1003
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
ceej

Joel wrote:switching to a sports aircleaner tho can give performance gains but also often kills drivability in some condtions like winter due to lack of preheating, altho not a major issue around here
It can give performance gains, but on these engines it isn't noticeable... And the preheating issue isn't TOO drastic, especially if you get one that just sits on top of your carby, because the heat from the engine bay is in a fairly small space so it gets warm enough for it. Mine is a ram pod and it goes on the end of a piece of flexy induction pipe and sits right at the front of my grille (on an MB), and in the Canberran conditions i don't notice much difference in drive ability from winter to summer... If you warm up properly it should all go as planned anyway... 8)
Garry. Nuff sed!