Brake pads

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
fritz

I know there has been some talk in the past about 'metal king' (?) brake pads for the MB. Can someone tell me why this is supposed to be a good pad if that is the case? - I'm not really up to speed with the different pad manufaturers etc...
Colin

bendix advance thats what i use their good
MORE BEER! :beer:
Brayden

Seconded on the Bendix Advance. 8)

Metal kings are good if you can afford to replace your rotors every other week - they bite like a pitbull and resist fading but only because they're eating away at the disc itself.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Josh

...but not nearly as harshly as all these supersticious old nannies like to make out... :D
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
fritz

I always thought, as a general rule, that the harder pads (like the metal kings?) had lesser friction co-eficeints (sp?) than softer pads? Hence, the harder ones dont go away when they get really hot.
Therefore I figured, the softest pad would give you the best BITE, but would be prone to overheating and wearing out more easily?
Brayden

Correct, but get the metal kings hot and they bite hard, unlike a soft pad that would fade.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gazuga

my vote also for bendix advance
a day of track work with the standard disks and no noticable fade. also have pretty exceptional cold bite, after an hours driving without even thinking of touching the brakes, the road i was on ended without me noticing, pulled up from 120 in sub 40m :-o