Feasibility of finding parts in 2020

Chat about anything and everything.
MightyNoob

Have been driving past an SS40T that lives under a lean-to up near me. She has no major rust (just a bit of surface in the tray from load shifting), legit one old lady owner with 168k on the clock. Unfortunately, the owner passed sometime in the last couple years and it has been sitting unattended since. She was a sweet old thing and always good for a yarn.

I am currently seeking quotes from parts shops for an almost complete refit to give her a big refresh before I jump in to actually purchasing, but have come up short on some parts. Mostly, the issue are the suspension bushes, spark leads as well as radiator and heater hoses. Hoses i can most likely swap like for like or modify to suit, but the others asre concerning. Also not sure how I would go for a new clutch kit and brake cylinders.

I would prefer to keep her completely original if I can and am hoping someone has an idea who would be good for parts.

Cheers.
86BOY

All those parts are actually quite easy to source through Repco, Autobarn, eBay and even the 4WD Part Shop Online. Ebay have a longer lasting Nolathane type Bush kit for the suspension and most of the sway bar mounts etc. Rubber is still available if that's your preferred choice. You can also find a new replacement Mighty Boy Radiator (most of us upgrade to an alloy type from a Mini) to keep the 'original' look. Clutch you can find on eBay too. Plug leads you can easily get from any auto parts store, just match the length up to your old ones. Wheel Cylinders and Heater hoses are the same deal through Repco/Autobarn, even the 4WD Part Shop have these in stock.

Have a look at this link to the 4WD Part Shop for anything else you are wanting to replace. Some parts are just hard to get, adapting bits from similar year model Suzuki's is also a thing. The search tab on here is really useful at times! :thumbup1:
https://www.4wdpartshop.com.au/suzuki/s ... -1988.html
Boosted F8B Pocket Rocket.
MightyNoob

Cheers bud. Wasn't totally sure how well the search would go as most of the posts are pretty old. Did give old mate in Brissy from SuziSport a tingle yesterday but he wasn't 100% he would be able to source everything I was hunting. And Repco was my first POC.

As stated, will keep her original for now, though will see how long that lasts. 22kw is less than 1/5 of what my bike has, and might be a little sedate for my usual tastes.

Guess it's time I made some phone calls and start cleaning the shit out of my garage to make room for a new addition.
Brayden

Nearly all mechanical parts are still available new through SGP (Suzuki Genuine Parts) thanks to Suzuki Maruti in India using F series motors up into the 2000s. That also means there's a decent range of third party spares too. It's body parts, trims and rubbers that are getting very thin on the ground.
I get most of my spares through SuziWorld in Melbourne.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.