Suspension once again?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Anarki!

I know it's been covered before but i cannot get a straight sort of verdict on what we can do with primarily the rear suspension.

I know that the suspension is interchangeable with the hatches but:
- Can this suspension still be bought new and if not, where's a good place to look for custom
- Is it worth convering it to the conventional ''strut tower'' setup?

Also, is the front still available for sale new?

Cheers,
1990 Subaru Fiori,
1991 Fiat Niki, (For sale)
1971 Hillman Hunter
Brayden

From all sources you can no longer get front MightyBoy struts, so your two options would be to have your current units re-sleeved, or swap over to SA GTi struts.

As for the rear you can still buy shocks from any number of manufacturers including KYB, Koni, Gabriel and Monroe. If you are after new leaf springs then Lovells in Sydney will do a custom set for around $300. There is really no need to replace the stock leaves unless you want to lower the ride height, in which case as an alternative to the custom springs you could use lowering blocks.
Converting the rear end to macpherson struts would be a HUGE job, and you'd be lucky if you could even get it engineered.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
fritz

Brayden
How did the hatch leaf setup go in your truck?
Colin

ive just finished playing with hatch springs there softer than the single ute spring to add more support for towing i added the small leaf from the hatch spring to my single ute spring it makes it slightly stiffer
MORE BEER! :beer:
eDave

Lovells springs (Clicky)

You'll need to take (or post) your old leaves along and they'll make new ones to your specification.