some more pics

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
bswift16

yea im not real sure on the whole Kw thing, I just want it to go with no hassles :D
willing to prove red ones go faster
jono

Brayden wrote:Yes thats on a twin cam Vivio engine though, which unlike an F8B can rev past 6500RPM and still make power. ;)
oh ok, now i see :roll: still, it would be nice having 47kw.....

i look forward to the guide bswift.. what are you going to do about the twin belt suggestion? change it or just see how you go?

if i put this supercharger on would i need to worry about a better clutch, i wouldn't plan on running too much boost. also, should i be able to squeeze more then 47kw on the dyno with ECU mods? )this questions are for everbody by the way:) )

um, also, brayden.... i noticed you said that you tried a VL turbo fuel pump with your turbo setup and said it was overkill. i have that pump running on my EFI setup at the moment, will that have to go if i want to supercharge??

thanks, and all the best with the project.

oh yeah, if i do decide to supercharge in the future maybe i could get some of those brackets of you 8)

cheers,

jono
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
bswift16

Im gonna see how i go with the single belt as i only want to run a low boost to start with. i have thought about the twin belt if i go that way i will get the boys at work to make a balance for me with a V-belt and flat belt, the charger came with a flat belt pully originally.
as for the clutch i will let you know how my stock one goes it will eather handle it or there will be lots of tears :doh:

as for the brackets if i have to pull the motor out to change the clutch i will take em into work and get the boys to make up a couple
Brayden

A standard clutch should be fine up to 7PSI, assuming it is fairly new. (or in excellent condition)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
me217

whos got there boy runnin around 19psi

me217
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
jono

BUMP! hey bswft, how is the supercharger install going??
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

bswift16

its kinda stalled i have a cash flow crisis and i have to put a new exaust on before i can hook up the charger and plumbing. :cry:
jono

Damn, that's gotta suck :cry:

I'm waiting on your result to confirm that I will go down the supercharger route LOL. Gotta have the $$$ though..

Good luck and I look forward to the results.
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

fritz

Any new news? :) :)
What sort of iduction are you using???
ToranaGuy

Wow, supercharging a boy! Very Cool! Can't wait to see it all done.

Can i be a pain and ask what the charger cost you?

I reckon even if you get 47kw, that should be a hellova lotta fun, as my Mighty Boy with stock F8b, supposidly around 30kw, is a lot of fun.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
jono

The charger I think you can get from Adelaide Jap for $225. They pop up on Ebay every now and then.

I plan on doing it to as I have just about everything else needed from my EFI setup.... Just waiting to see how "bswift" goes but think he is a bit short of $$$ at the moment... :(
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

bswift16

yea i have ground to a halt (house payments, bills,waa, waa ,waa)
but will have a little bit in the next couple of weeks so hopeefully will get a bit more done :)
a soon as ive got an exaust and hook up the charger i will let all know with much singging and dancing :D
ToranaGuy

bswift16 wrote:yea i have ground to a halt (house payments, bills,waa, waa ,waa)
but will have a little bit in the next couple of weeks so hopeefully will get a bit more done :)
a soon as ive got an exaust and hook up the charger i will let all know with much singging and dancing :D
I feel for you dude, i'm in the same boat here. Have a house, 2 car's reg'd & daily driven, 2 cars in buildup, and all the usual bills.

Keep you chin up, keep persisting and you will eventually get it done! I eagerly await the next update.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
fritz

fritz wrote: What sort of iduction are you using???
You using carb, or efi?
I presume a carb setup would pretty much have to be the same as the turbo setups? - ie charade or similar?
jono

He is using a carb setup last time I heard... The setup would be similar, yes. Like modded dizzy, fuel pumps, fuel lines....... Think he has all that sorted though.
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)