Suzuki G13 Project ! Help Plz !

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
boosted_alto

Hey all, I know this forums is not abt G13's but I wanted to ask you guys somethings. Im getting a Cultus, which looks much like the Mk3 Cultus GTi you guys got in AU.

We still get that shape in Pakistan as a new car but with G10 Carburated engine. I wanted to do a swap so I have the following options.

G13A 1300cc Carburated SOHC

G16B 1600cc SOHC EFi

G13B 1300cc DOHC EFi 16v

The thing is that the g13A isnt that powerful as it is carburated but it is the cheapest. Plus the G10's Transmission bolts onto it without a problem.

THe G13B's found here are without ECU's and I've seen only one with ECU. So that means I'd need an aftermarket ECU to run it and its expensive. Parts are hard to come.

The G16B is a lil expensive but all its parts and stuff are readily available.

What I wanna know is that swapping a G16B in place of G10 would need stiffening up the suspension. What type of mods/alterations I would need to do to the engine bay to put the G16B in place of G10?

Note: We dont have to get swaps checked by Govt. so no problem of COmpliance issues.
boosted_alto

Yah, and another option withing the same price range of G16B is G13BB. Its a SOHC :?: DOHC motor, 1300cc, 16v and EFi. It comes in Baleno. the same car from which we get G16B. Compare swap issues of G16B and G13BB plz ! Cheerz! :wink:
Brayden

G13B DOHC all the way. Best engine by far.

If the engine control is an issue, then ditch the EFI and go for quad bike carbies. Many people have done this and it has the potential for good power increases.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
boosted_alto

Brayden, THanx Buddy !

How much HP do u guess I can get If I run it on a big Carby frm a 1600cc Car. I wont be able to source out Quad Bike Carbies. :cry:

What abt the other engines ??
Brayden

boosted_alto wrote:I wont be able to source out Quad Bike Carbies.?
You don't have motorbikes in your country? :?

The only other engines I would consider would be the G16B (with multipoint EFI) from a Baleno, or the G13BB - but neither of those is as good as a G13B.

Don't forget that you can get an ECU for a G13B from another country too! Like Australia or England.
boosted_alto

We do have bikes here but the ones which have spares availe are either 70cc, 100cc or 125cc ! :D And those carbs wont be any use here.

We have abt 200% Custom Duty Tax on all vehicle parts imported in Pakistan. 8) :!:

What could be the weight difference between G13BB and G10 (carby) & Difference in weight btw G16B and G10A (Carby) ?? :?:

And what problems arise on swapping a heavier engine ?

Thanx for the help guys ! :)
Brayden

The difference between a G13 and G16 is apparently not much, but the G10A could be slightly heavier due to its cast iron block.

If your Alto happens to have the G10B 4 cylinder motor you can put the G13B twin cam head on it.
evilgidget

but the G10A could be slightly heavier due to its cast iron block.
Unless you got the later alloy G10 - They came out in the MK2 & on here, don't know about overseas though...
boosted_alto

The Engine code on the Engine Plate says 'G10' and doesnt mention an 'A' or 'B' Varient. However I can tell you its a 3 Cylinder (and not a 4 Cyl) Carburated engine: 1000cc.

I think I would have to get stiffer suspension after swaping in a G16B or G13BB ! Suggest on this plz.

And another thing, how much does an ECU for G13B Twin Cam engine cost in Australia ?!
Brayden

Generally $100-300AUD for an ECU, which might even have an upgraded chip in it.

As for the suspension, I wouldn't be concerned about upgrading it for the weight, but the increase in performance might mean you should stiffen it up a bit. ;)
boosted_alto

Wow Brayden ! 100$ is kinda cool ! But what $hits on my head is the shipping fee !

|
|
v

The following price is quoted from DHL's standard rates. If you are a frequent user, you may be entitled to a discount.
Origin Canberra
Destination Pakistan
Service Jumbo Junior
Volumetric Weight(kg) 5.44
Weight(kg) 0.00
Transit Time(days) For information relating to transit time please contact our Customer Service on 131406
Price(AUS)* $245.53

Lets see. I have Cambridge A Levels exams these days ! Once done in first week of June, will start my swap. Brayden, If I'll need an ECU, we'll work something out. Cheerz!
Brayden

$245.33 for shipping of a box no bigger than two packets of cigarettes? That sounds awefully expensive! :-o

But yeah, if you need a hand later on then give me a yell.
daronk18

couldn't you post it through aus post,, would be heaps cheaper..
boosted_alto

Hmm... Does Aussie post deliver to Pakistan ?? BRayden can U check plz?
jono

Think so, check the website at http://www.auspost.com.au
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/