Track Day @ Wakefield Park

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mightyboy

thats what i was thinking, and im 2 hours from newcastle... thats 7+ hours... if the car is runnin. i would like to get to my first cruz n meet everyone, but i might have to skip this 1
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
evilgidget

If you cut through Branxton/Cessnock, it shouldn't take more than about 5.5 hours (Sydney traffic pending, of course :wink: )
mightyboy

well time isnt the issue, time is... :-o .. i mean the travel time is not a problem, the amount of work i have to do to get the car road worthy again is gonna take time and money... a few luxuries i dont have alot of.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
evilgidget

Don't we all? :wink:

Brayden, is it "Suzuki only", or can other marques join up for the day? Seeing as I doubt i'll have a trackable Suzi, but I have a perfectly good Alfa sitting here, ready & waiting to leak oil all over the track :D
Brayden

At this stage it is Suzuki only, but there is some talk of opening it up to other cars.

Personally I am not convinced the event will even get off the ground. :roll:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

Agreed, I don't think there are enough redliners getting involved.

Would anyone be interested in chipping in more to cover the costs?
20 people = $100 each
10 people = $200 each

???
Brayden

Nah, I'd rather just show up to a no speed limit day for $80. :)
Brokenshire

No speed limit days aren't as good for all of us. I'd rather pay more for a suzuki only day so I didn't stand out so much
Brayden

Mate no speed limit days attract all makes and models! Thats the idea behind having them. I've seen everything from classic cars choofing around through to track cars on testing runs.
Brokenshire

Sorry but no speed limit days would tend to attract people that drive fast, in big fast cars.
And Again, If some mighty boys wanted to go, i'd be in.
Brayden

Of course people with fast cars are more likely to attend a no speed limit day, but these cars would be no faster than what you'd get at any organised track day.

The last time we had MB's on the track at Wakefield we were lapping with a Ferrari, a fully loaded Skyline GTR and other equally bullshit fast cars. Didn't stop any of us from having fun though! :D

But yes, if we were to show up on a no speed limit day I'd prefer to have some other MB's there too. 8)
Brokenshire

I've never been to any organised track day as a participant and whent he oppotunity to go to wakefeild I almost wet my pants. My boss goes there with his porshe and I'd like the chance to too.
eDave

Brayden wrote:Of course people with fast cars are more likely to attend a no speed limit day, but these cars would be no faster than what you'd get at any organised track day.

The last time we had MB's on the track at Wakefield we were lapping with a Ferrari, a fully loaded Skyline GTR and other equally bullshit fast cars. Didn't stop any of us from having fun though! :D

But yes, if we were to show up on a no speed limit day I'd prefer to have some other MB's there too. 8)
Yeah! There was even a 1960's Alfa GTV out there. It doesn't matter who else is on the track, so long as you go out there with the intent of having fun, then you most defiently will. :)
Brokenshire

So there you have it, back to topic,

Who is will bring their Mighty Boy down?
Brayden

Well the official RedlineGTi/Suzuki event has been shitcanned because the organiser didn't confirm a date and therefore nobody would commit.

So it looks like a no speed limit day FTW - once we have enough roadgoing 'boys that is! :lol: