Boss Kit

Chat about anything and everything.
Firebrand

Talk about leaving it until the last minute. But we've got an excuse, we didn't even think about it.

With all the work being done it struck us the end of last week... we need a decent steering wheel.

We've found one, it's being sent to us overnight. And it would seem that not all boss kits are the same. We had been told you buy one and it'll just work. Not so. As you all would know. I went digging around the forum to find the answer.

Super Cheap Auto have ordered us in one which with a bit of luck will be in either tomorrow or Thursday.

They've ordered it from SAAS. SAAS ensured the guy from Super Cheap Auto he's got one that fits the Mighty Boy.

When we get it and try it and it works I'll post the model number.
www.squidoo.com/mightyboy
Firebrand

SAAS's BK-134L is the boss kit to get.

It fit perfectly.

I'll post photos of the steering wheel soon.
kidwithahatch

im assuming this will fit a hatch perfectly too? and if you dont mind me asking what did this set you back?
Firebrand

kidwithahatch wrote:im assuming this will fit a hatch perfectly too? and if you dont mind me asking what did this set you back?
I did read a thread here where someone had trouble with the BK-134L but with a bit of firm persuasion, sweat and a little frustration it gave up the fight and we won.

From what I understand and reading around the forums here what fits on the Mighty Boy should fit on the Hatch.

To be doubly sure when you go to an auto spares store specifically ask the sales assistant to give SAAS a call and have them verify it for you.

I think it was just under $84.

I've uploaded a shot of the steering wheel.
kidwithahatch

looks good and thanks for the info
Firebrand

I've got a photo up of the steering wheel: http://www.squidoo.com/steeringwheel/
me217

that is a nice wheel. what other colours did it come in. and how far out does the wheel stick with the boss kit.

me217
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
Firebrand

me217 wrote:that is a nice wheel. what other colours did it come in. and how far out does the wheel stick with the boss kit.

me217
We also got a blue one. The guy sent us two. It looks every bit as good as the other one.

There's a few different colours, I think I've seen him advertise red ones (there's an ebay module on that page with a feed of his latest items).

Here's the yellow steering wheel.

The boss kit makes it stick out by an extra inch. The difference hasn't been noticeable. Well to be honest it feels better. Not difference in how much the boss kit bit, but where the two parts mate. There's less slop... I guess the older steering wheel is a little flogged out from being used, what, 22 years? It feels far more responsive now (I guess the new tyres and suspension have played a part) but I think the steering wheel with the new boss kit has made it feel less of a dodgem car to drive.
kidwithahatch

a last question will any other brands of steering ie autotecninca momo etc fit on a saas boss kit? im assuming obviously that the holes have to align but are these a standard measurement or differ throughout the brands?

also for a shift light you dont need to buy a special 3 cylinder one jsut wire it in line or something like that with the tacho?