G15A DOHC into a SK410 (Taking my sweet ass time)

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Brayden

They shouldn't give you grief so long as the wheels don't protrude past the rubber/plastic lip or scrub anywhere.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hongster

im gonna get some fake 15" te37's for it now $800 set coz i have tyres lying around for it.

as for 15"s yes they might be a pain to fit by ill make them fit later, i got some 45 series tyres to help them fit on the front and got 50's for the rear, ill just use spacers to clear the front springs and get some rubber add on gaurd if it looks tooo defectable.

now i dont know which color to choose? black gold gunmetal grey white

im leaning towards white,,, but like the grey..?????????

anyone help ,,,, im holding off a few days till i make a decision
Nehemiah

Well it arrived...

Pics
Here it is next to the F10A 4 speed box

and again

Heres the lot bolted together engine vertical

And with the gearbox vertical

And again
A few good points
GTI flywheel and clutch fits right on

The clutch is still cable operated

Gerbox is shorter so the motor can sit closer to the back of the van
tail shaft fits the output shaft on the box but is a little too large (easy fix)

Bad points
No idea what flywheel is ran with these boxes but both the starters dont throwout anywhere near far enough. If all goes well I should be able to buy a new starter designed for the box *fingers crossed*

Engine lays over a little too far... It would be nice to compromise between the box and the engine. So will the box explode if its mounted a little bent?

hongster,
Sounds good. Im a big fan of gunmetal grey tho.

Cheers, Sam.
hongster

cheers yeah still plodding along with it,
is that ammo box yours? you in the army? im in the air force and had heaps of those ammo boxes, good for screw bolts nuts fireworks etc...

box should nt blow up might need to put 1/2 a qaurt of oil more in it tho if you want to tilt it a bit. as the gears'll pick it up and slosh it about, redline is good i used it in my gtr and worked a treat. it looks easy enough to just weld another slanted mount for the box.
hongster

finally geting over my slackness so im going to put my 15's on next week with help from those wonderfull hub adaptors will post pics, should look sweet. hilarious but sweet as it will serve no purpose except that ive wasted so much on this ute.

cost almost the same for what i bought the car for hahaha
oh well still fun mucking around with something so small,
when i get back to work its striaght to the welders to modify my supercharger mounting plate as its a bit off (dam not as good as i thought i was) then try and find some hose in the support equipment section for the carby, just wish i could find a wrecker in sa with some spare bits incase/when things break, i blew my round headlight before xmas and need an alternative with bulb inside or bulb option... will post next week a iguess got off my asss after seeing this sweet dump truck hahaah

jono

hongster wrote:
Your lucky! I bought mine for $1900 and have spent A LOT more than that :lol: I'm sure others can relate, too!

Like I said the other day - if it was any other car giving me this trouble it would have been looong gone! But, just, you know, it's a mighty boy!!!

Hope it all goes well and happy spending!
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
Jermaine

yeah it can get VERY costly lol, i have 2 wrecks and now a good one lol, but iv got that many parts ya kinda gotta have one lol
ceej

hongster wrote:finally geting over my slackness so im going to put my 15's on next week with help from those wonderfull hub adaptors will post pics, should look sweet. hilarious but sweet as it will serve no purpose except that ive wasted so much on this ute.

oh well still fun mucking around with something so small,
when i get back to work its striaght to the welders to modify my supercharger mounting plate as its a bit off (dam not as good as i thought i was) then try and find some hose in the support equipment section for the carby, just wish i could find a wrecker in sa with some spare bits incase/when things break, i blew my round headlight before xmas and need an alternative with bulb inside or bulb option... will post next week a iguess got off my asss after seeing this sweet dump truck hahaah

Where did you see this one mate? I saw one identical to this today up near Springwood. Then 2 mins later I saw a nice neat blue looking Carry van behind him.
Garry. Nuff sed!
hongster

were you driving in springwood canada? or springwood ACT???

this one's in british columbia, looks cool wish i had dump truck kit....
id help people move then unload all of the stuff on their lawn and say catch ya later would be hilarious

hahah (until they get on their bmx and chase after you)
Nehemiah

Ok, a bit of an update...

Ive got a G15A short block on its way, which I will be slapping the GTI head on. Making a 1.5L DOHC zuk engine... :twisted:

Ordered some laser cut header flanges for the GTI. One for a set of headers ill be bending up and the other for a turbo manifold down the track.

My real project car is more or less finished for now, so im playing with the zuk a bit more now.

Its slow but its still moving along.

Problems:
Sump is a pain
Intake is a pain
Starter is a pain
Tail shaft is a pain

ahhhh... Ive spent 5 times the money I paid for the car. The things ill do for a 120hp super carry...

Cheers, Sam.
hongster

yeah i was looking for power but no point for me anymore, just a unique ute that i can put stuff in and PETROL-- something that is economical

as promised above some pics with more to come as i resize them,,, ill head to clark rubber this week to put on the gaurds like i mentioned before..... 15"s ya'll (its kinda the same having 22's on a commondoor)
front 195x45 rear 195x50 25mm spacers will see if 20mm will fit on the front so it sucks in a bit (rears had no problem but thought itd look strange with only the front two wheels hangin out so i did all four)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/m ... 0895_2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/m ... 0902_2.jpg

i had to get a new battery a few weeks ago , my old one was black so yes i will be spraying it to match the car and rimz
Jermaine

awsome!
Nehemiah

looks good!
Post a front on shot so that we can see how far the rims hang out...

Sam.
Mad_Aussie

Mate what made you decide to go for a 15 now?

But you're saying that the 13 will fit in there with a late model box? Was there much to flipping the intake manifold over?

cheers
Nehemiah

The 1.3 crank and block were in pretty bad shape and for the cost of doing a recon I got my hands on a low KM shortblock.
It should suit the van better too, making more low down tourqe.

In reguards to if it'll fit. Well i really dont know yet!
By flipping the intake you mess up the mounting points and as you can see dont gain a lot of headroom. Insted I will be making a new flange for the intake and having it welded to the existing runners at an angle to allow the engine to sit higher.

By putting the DOHC head on the 1.5L block (which is of closed deck design) should bump up the CR to about 11:1. Together with my custom headers it sould go quite well!

Its NOT a bolt in affair, loads of custom work has to be done to get this to work.

Cheers,
Sam.