G15A DOHC into a SK410 (Taking my sweet ass time)

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
hongster

hey mayte,, any progress on the little beast.. just wondering how the box will go does the bell housing kinda match up? or will it be a cut off and weld a swift bellhousing to it?

im trying to find a 5 speed for my ute but its hard...

A mate just told me he has an old rebuilt corrola k series engine, which ll fit in to the carrys as they are slant engines too and pretty much hahve the same engine mounts etc.. so ill try and sus up that conversion after my engine blows with the supercharger on it...if it does (probably will with me driving it)
But my wifes getting a new honda accord euro soon so i might have heaps of time to take my clunka off the road and fix her up..

but stay on it. even a 12a or 10a carby could fit as they have a pretty low profile in the engine bay and the cary/intake could fit great under the drivers side.. and the mazda box could be easily mounted to the chasis, just gear selection would suck as it aint cable i dont think.
Nehemiah

Still moving along...

Nehemiah

Ok, heres where its at:

Now I knew the F10A flywheel wouldn't bolt onto the G13B but I didnt take into account the actual size of the G13B flywheel.

Long story short, its not easy to mate a carry trans to a G13B, lol!

SO, what im looking at doing is attaching a different trans, probably from a HIACE or similar using a G13B bell housing welded to the front of the trans. That way I can use the G13B flywheel and starter, but sorting out the friction plate for the clutch is a little hard as it has to mate the trans.

But ill work it out!

Im also flipping the intake manifold on the engine to get some extra clearance.

Also, just for fun... Yes they dont scrub! (even with the massive profile!)

Brayden

Why not use a gearbox from a later model Carry? They use a G13BB motor so it should be a straight bolt up.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hongster

sweet mate might have to come round for a look when she's finished

what size are the wheels? profile? look like old ford laser ones.

ive got my supercharger mounted etc, just getting the guys at work to weld up some alloy adapters for intake to carby... then ill be sucking down the fuel............

but when its all up and running if im not happy with it (which im guessing i wont be) you'll have to hook me up with all your designs for the eng mounts etc. as i should be able to find a gti eng in adelaide easy enough
and hopefully like brayden said the newer suzuki carry box fits, as its cable geared also ,but i dont know if the clutch is cable onthe newer one?
Nehemiah

@ Brayden: Hahahaha DAMN! LOL!
I completely forgot about that! Well that makes my life a little easier! Time to start tracking one down!

Thanks a bunch!

@ hongster: Ill get the details in the morning but those wheels are off my nissan gazelle, 15inch I think with 5mm spacers to clear the struts. They hang about 3cm out the guards at rest and are completely illegal, not to mention heavy! FYI I have a set of laser rims and the offset sucks. You would need 20mm spacers so the rim wont hit the strut.

In regards to the engine mounts and stuff, yeh for sure. gotta get it running tho!

Cheers, Sam.
Nehemiah

Rim size 15inch

Profile 195/60

Offset -8 (I think)

Getting my hands on a new carry box off Ebay. Should solve most of my problems!

Sam.
hongster

yeah i went to a wheel shop today , but most things wont fit because of the stupid offset. put a 15/195/50 tyre next to the car..looked cool but as you said itll sit out to far, how noticeable is it ? 3cm's..hhmmmm

my old gtr familia had 8"wide rims parralell with the gaurd if it didnt have the wheel arch plastic thing it woulda been illegal but it looked phat,

hows your gaz going? a dude at works got a fj20 in a gemini pulls 11's

im still trying with the wheel shop to see what they can do to put some rims on mine tho.
Nehemiah

The gaz is getting there. Poor zuk takes a back seat to it!

Legally, when the wheels are pointing strait ahead and you look down on them you shouldn't be able to see any part of the wheel. Not to mention the difference in rolling diameter (good for top speed tho!) and the massive increase in unsprung mass (not good for acceleration, braking and turning).

However with the increase in power that shouldn't be as much of an issue. The good thing is that wheels are one of the easiest thing to change on a car. So when the gaz goes GP widebody at the start of 2008 ill have its wheels to run on the van, legal or not.

Take some shots of ya zuk for me would ya!

Sam.
hongster

heres a shot from a while ago , you can see ive put in spacers for the radiator fan and bolted a pulley to run the supercharger ill take photos soon of it when its bolted in ..

and heres the ute- pretty crap photo- but the ute is cool ,so much space you could bolt anything under it providing itl fit under the seat as under the tray there is nothing !just a tailshaft and exhaust!!. you can just see the wifes honda euro behind it .which is what im driving these days untill everything is bolted in as its still in pieces, ill post more when i get the chance.......
maybe i can try to find wheel arch things like the hi-jets this one had a nissan engine in it
Nehemiah

That hi-jet looks quite cool... Makes me want to keep the van white!

Well I won the G13BB gearbox off ebay so now I have to wait for that to arrive...

The bottom end of my GTI engine is shagged! If anyone knows about a good GTI short or long block in SA, please post it here!

Thanks!
Sam.
hongster

i dont know if theyre stock wheel arch's in the photo of the hijet , but you can buy similiar things off ebay for 4wd etc in different sizes to extend your size of the arches, but im guessing they aint legal even tho the 4wd guys use them alot, but police dont usually pick on 4wd's as much as things done up a little
Nehemiah

Yeh, true that. I live south, and I see heaps of four runners with wheels that go 5 cm past the guards.
If you did something similar with the carry they would have a field day!

Its the same deal with modified falcons / commonwhores. They seem to turn a blind eye to all the illegal exhausts and rims they run and pick on the jap cars.

The wheels ive shown on mine do raise the van a little, but the difference in width makes up for the extra height. Plus the extra height is useful for sump clearance.
Brayden

Those add-on arch flares should not be illegal so long as they pose no additional danger to pedestrians etc. Being flexible rubber that shouldn't be an issue.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hongster

Nehemiah: i sent you a pm

brayden;- yeah but it if your wheels stick out just that little bit and you try to cover it up with these rubber things the cops might get a bit gay