(ACT) Canberra Ute Show, Feb '08

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Brokenshire

I received an invite to the ute show in Feb 08, any one else get one?

NEW Information

Just thought I'd post a link to the invite so everyone can consider themselves personally invited!!!

http://www.rncas.org.au/showwebsite/Use ... owform.pdf

We were entered in the town ute class last year.
Last edited by Brokenshire on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ceej

Yep, hoping to be there again, as long as the ute withstands the last few months of school. :evil:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Yep I got my invite and will be there with bells on... and hopefully some new additions to the ute as well. :twisted:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

I Just want to bring this thread back to everyones attention! It'd be good to see a few more Mighty boys entered this year.

It'sw good to see what people are up to, and again it doesn't matter what condition your ute is in to show up!
Brayden

Brokenshire wrote: We were entered in the town ute class last year.
... and then reclassified into the Mini-Truck category.

Sorry to disappoint, but to be honest I'm totally lethargic about entering the show this year. It will be my fourth year and it just hasn't changed enough to keep me interested. Rather than whinge I think I will write to the organisers and make some suggestions.

However, if others are keen on coming then I will definitely make the effort to attend. :)
Brokenshire

I thought it was the other way around, beacuse mini-truck was for hi-lux's with chrome bumpers and air bag suspension, but either way.

Brayden, i'm sure if your thinking of not going they will cancel the show!!!
You've been to all three so far what about tradition?

I should make a note that the day isn't just about cars, they have the fair and all that as well, it'd be a good family day if utes had back seats!
Brayden

We ended up in the mini-truck category because there were no entrants in that class, and I guess they didn't want left over awards. ;)

Despite my lethargy, I will show up if others are making the effort. I have to support the team!

While I think of it, do you have any suggestions you'd like me to include in my discussions with the organisers?
Brokenshire

No suggestions from me... except don't go and get breaky from the dog trainers!

Good at dog training = bad at bacon and eggs :-o

Remember, i'm still a newby to going to all these shows so i've only seen some of these other utes 2 or 3 times before :lol: :lol:
Maybe you could suggest group rewards for biggest club turn out or bumper stickers for entrants... I dunno. What's the norm?

Everybody come and support TAMON
Brayden

I too would like to see some sort of award that encourages clubs for entering, that was one of the ideas I had scribbled down earlier. Most other car shows have such an award.

The sad thing about ute shows is that they propogate the "B&S" mentality, but I think that Canberra is metropolitan enough that we should be aiming for a more civilised crowd.

Anyhoo there are several suggestions I'll be making to the organiser, and I'll let you know what the response is. ;
Brokenshire

Well I'm Going, They rang yesterday to confirm payment of my entry.

If anyone else is going please let me know!
Brayden

Spoze I should put my entry form in sooner than later. :ugh:
Brokenshire

No rush.

do you think if i was the only Mighty boy to turn up that i'd get a prize?

It would be a poor show if that was the case!
ceej

Brayden wrote:I too would like to see some sort of award that encourages clubs for entering, that was one of the ideas I had scribbled down earlier. Most other car shows have such an award.

The sad thing about ute shows is that they propogate the "B&S" mentality, but I think that Canberra is metropolitan enough that we should be aiming for a more civilised crowd.

Anyhoo there are several suggestions I'll be making to the organiser, and I'll let you know what the response is. ;
Any word on this Brayden?

I am unfortunately not going to be in Canberra that weekend I just realized. Lucky I didn't pay my fee! Brayden talked me into it last night, but I just re-checked my diary. Sorry guys. I guess that this means someone will need to step up and take my place!?! DO EET!

Shane, did you end up going to the ute show at the Easter show thing in Sydney? How was that event compared to ours if you know? I might be interested in going up this year if I can get myself a driver and am not away go-karting.
Garry. Nuff sed!
mightyboy

dont mean to deviate, my dad, bro and i also have an enduro team. where are u racing next?
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
ceej

Endurance also. Were you at Oran on the weekend?
Garry. Nuff sed!