(ACT) Canberra Ute Show, Feb '08

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mightyboy

damn, obvioulsly completely different organisations. albery next then griffith for me.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
ceej

Yeah, Aulbury is next on our calender, then Newcastle and then Griffith. Aulbury is a weekend event over the weekend of the 15th. I am with TEKA. :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
mightyboy

hey sorry, i miss read your last post. yeah i was there. 78 kart. white and blue, spent most of the time side ways. that was our 3rd race.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
ceej

Ah, right. I am kart 88, purple and red. Team Canberra, obviously. My uncle/team owner is the treasurer of TEKA. We had a shocking weekend. I am only new to the team, but the others have been doing it for a couple of years. We had carby problems, qualified 32nd and came 19th outright. Not too bad, but far from what we can do!

How amazing was the drift action but!?! I thanked Brayden for organising the skid pan day for CC'08, helped me out a heap!

But, back OT now, send me a PM if you want and we can discuss it further. :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brokenshire

Sydney Show was a no go last year. the first question they ask is how many other shows have you entered? then you have to meet a selection of other criteria before they let you enter. they choose who they want there, so its not as broad a group as in canberra. Also they want you for basically 14 hours a day over 4 days i think from memory. too much even for me.
Brayden

Not to mention that they have preliminary judging thin the herd throughout the competition. Only the top 20 or something actually make it to the final judging.

A bit too elitist if you ask me, but I might give it a crack next year. Even placing in the top 20 of such a difficult comp would be rewarding.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brayden

Well the Canberra Ute Show is over for another year, and because a bunch of rednecks decided to do some massive skids and fishtails on the main arena in front of the RNCAS president, the event will probably be shit-canned! :roll: :lol:

I'm in the process of writing a couple of letters to the organisers and the president at the moment, because I was less than impressed with the organisation of the day. What a shit fight!

Thanks to Shane for making the effort to come down this year - it was a bit disappointing to come away empty-handed though.
Brokenshire

As you said: A shit fight.

Proper organisatin wouldn't have left out an awards class.

And yes, there's a place for fishtails and burn outs and in a main arena with pedestrians isn't it! :x
Brayden

After you left, that guy next to us that was flogging his missus with a thong decided to do some fishtails. The organisers caught him and gave him a lecture, so he took off harder than before and ended up sideways through the exit gate and out into the carpark. Nice one bruvva! :roll:
CHooKMaN

Yeah, when the utes were coming out near the top car park (about 3.15pm yesterday), a couple of the bogan utes damn near ran some pedestrians down as they flew on by (I was one of em they nearly hit)... talk about d*ckheads.
Brayden

Pics are up:
http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/events/CanberraShow08/

Didn't bother to put up many - no point really!
ceej

You guys really missed not having me there, didn't you!?

:P

Kinda glad I managed to double book that weekend by the sounds of it. So both of you cam away empty handed? What was the go with that?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brokenshire

No mini truck category got awarded!!

Maybe more mighty boys need to show up :!:
Brokenshire

Just had a quick look at the photos, and they're not bad!

Ahhh the memories!