Alto Works Clutch Cable

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Tay

Hi All,

Ever since I got the '87 Alto Works RS-R, the clutch cable has been very stiff, about a month ago I removed the clutch cable and sprayed WD-40 and other lube stuff to free it up.
It was fine for about a couple of days, because of the hot weather I'm assuming the lube I put in there got dried up, its still stiff but heaps better to drive.

My question, I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have the part number for the clutch cable for the Alto Works? or does anyone know if the Aussie delivered Alto's have the same clutch cable? I'm not sure how the Aussie Alto's clutch is connected to the gearbox, as most cars, the cable sits on top of the gearbox but my Alto Works, the clutch cable sits on the bottom side of the gearbox, so I'm assuming the cable is a bit longer.
I went to my local suzuki spare parts to get some stuff for my mums car so while I was there, I enquired about the Alto works, of course they don't have this car listed on their parts software and couldn't tell me if I could use the Aussie delivered cable.

Any help/tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tay
Goofy[HSK]

k, had a look through suzuki fast
as you know cc72 isn't listed, so i tried ca71 and ca72
and I couldn't find the thing anywhere ! :(

part number for CL11V is: 23710-70B01

You should also be able to go to a brake place and get a new one made
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
Brayden

Take a pic of the cable either installed or out of the car and I'll tell you if it is the same as the domestic Alto model.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tay

Manged to put some time aside to remove my clutch cable and take some snaps, below are the measurements (approx).

A to F: 110 cm

B to C: 7.5 cm

B to D: 35.5 cm

B to E: 80 cm

Last edited by Tay on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyB

That is the same as my Suzuki Cervo Mode one!
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/jbalki69/CervoModeSmall.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Yeah looks identical to the domestic Hatch/MB/Alto variety too.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tay

Thanks for the reply guys.

I'll give my local Suzuki spare parts a visit tomorrow and see how I go.

Cheers

*** UPDATE ***

Went to my local Suzuki Spare Parts and picked up a clutch cable for the Alto 800cc model (SB308) as they don't have a listing for the 500cc model (SB305). I got them to check to see if these were the same as the 500 and MB's, and they are.

I installed the new clutch cable this afternoon and it's all good, clutch pedal is how it should be, nice and soft :)

For those of you who are playing at home, below is the part number for future reference.
Part #: 23710-84302-000 (This is what is shown on the label) or SZ-2371084302 (This is what its shown on the invoice)
Cost: $60.81
The Beard

Hey goofy, would you have the part no for the cm11v clutch cable? The one in my Alto has been packed out with a stack of 10 washers and feels like crap! About to complete an order with streeter and so far a forum/google search has turned up nothing... Cheers in advance.

Found it, bless the russians and their online epc :D

Part no for clutch cable is 23710-74B02
http://suzuki.epcdata.ru/alto/32_cl11v/ ... ssion/221/

I ordered the cable via streeter, that guy is a lifesaver :D and as soon as it arrived got the alto into the shop.When i got under the dash to fit the new cable i found the clutch pedal bracket was cracked completely through on one corner, which would definitely have contributed to the crappy pedal feel. now to tear it out and repair/strengthen the bracket. Whatever cable the previous owner fitted is waaaaay too long! Will also try to do the selector cable bushes as well.
Last edited by The Beard on Sun May 26, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tay

The Beard,

Give this mob a try http://www.yokohamamotors.com/.

They were able to find hard to find parts for my Van, send them an email with your VIN and tell them what you need.

Cheers.