ESKY make over

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Billie

What tyres are you using?

I'll have quite abit more than 100hp at the wheels and sorta cant find anything besides 195/40/r14, abit wide but should do the job.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Colin

i was thinking of 15x50/185 i have flared the front guards 1 inch for a bit more clearence the 14" sound good i didnt know you could get 40 series in that
MORE BEER! :beer:
Billie

I didnt either, contiental make them, fairly good tyre but have to get them from the uk.

I'll be getting 6 tyres, just for saftey :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Colin

ggrrrr got the bearings fitted finally but its still a little too noisy for my liking ,,,time to get the crank ground ,its like it never ends :(
Colin

Finally found some bearings had the crank machined the bottom end is built up should finish the motor by the weekend then back to the dyno and on the road 8)
a big thanks to shavenyak for getting the parts from NZ for me :D
zeek73

Just a quick question Colin, are spares for the CB80 engines as hard to find as believed? It was only after reading your post that I found out that Daihatsu still sold vehicles in NZ, never actually occured to me before :oops: ...
Cheers
Pete
gadj

Toyota are the Ausie Daihatsu genuine parts supplier for those not in the know.
Daihatsu is owned by Toyota (Toyota had to get their technology somewhere :P )
Charades were sold by Toyota as the Echo, Daihatsu Scat as Toyota Blizzard, Toyota Dyna/Daihatsu Delta were parrallel manufactured with small differences & shared Daihatsu/ Toyota engines...Hope I have not confused too much.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
zeek73

Ok, thanks for the history lesson (learnt a couple of bits), but doesn't really explain why the parts were found in NZ and not say, Penrith Toyota... I understand just like the Mighty Boy's due to there being a somewhat limited production run in numbers that manufacturers are not obliged to keep spares forever. It just would seem that this particular series of engines are notorously hard to find spares for. Just wanting to know from someone who has the experience/pain in having to do so.
Cheers
Pete
Colin

getting parts for a cb70/80 from australia is a joke ive been looking for over 6 months solid and have made over 150 phone calls looked all ovwe the net all around australia to suppliers and toyota australia with no sucess i have a mate going to america soon and he will be finding me what he can from there too the cb80 were sold in japan america england and new zealand and basicly thats where you will find the parts for them ...when there thw right ones (i have a fair few spares that isnt worth sending backwith the freight charges)
Brayden

zeek73 wrote:but doesn't really explain why the parts were found in NZ and not say, Penrith Toyota... I understand just like the Mighty Boy's due to there being a somewhat limited production run in numbers that manufacturers are not obliged to keep spares forever.
The answer is that the G11 (CB61) was the only turbo Charade sold domestically in Australia. This is why Toyota do not carry spares for the CB71/80/81/90. These models weren't big sellers in Japan either because they're outside of Kei regulations, hence why parts are a bitch to find. Funny that I used to think F6A parts were hard and expensive to find, but with so many importers and their massive popularity in Japan they're actually pretty easy to source parts for!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Colin

doh another hurdle ..stuck oil pressure relief valve ...it keeps sptitting the oil filter seal out :(
gadj

Don't say they can help but I have used them before & found them to be good to deal with http://www.daihatsuauto.com.au
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Colin

i rang them ages ago ...no good with what i wanted
Colin

WOOHOO...all back togeather again running okish :? (bigger injectors) off to be dynoed next weekend am expecting 100 plus hp@wheels ...and no blown motor to go with it :D :D :D
Brayden

If you didn't smash 100hp I'd be surprised. My F8B chalked 60 on an emissions tune.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.