NOW FOR SALE + old photos inside of my ute!!! new ones soon

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
hongster

g'day all im looking for wheel bearings (front and rears) but the places ive tried doesnt have codes etc i would take them off and go to a bearing shop but i need it on the road..... please if anyones knows or can point me in the direction it'd be great---- or if any other cars codes for them?? ie bedford rascals holden scurry part numbers? or is there any wreckers near anyone thats has a few vans lying around?

im putting on my flare arches this weekend to make it legal as it sticks out about 25-30mm will post again, i want to respray it but can t be chuffed sanding it back,, but i think the wheels match it heaps well (real life is better) because of the black and white accents/shadows, i will also grind the passenger side gaurd a little as it rubs a bit someone in the car with me,,,,,,,, but the looks i get is weird alot of thumbs up and alot of laughs, but id rather get laughed at with it looking like it does now than before when it looked like it was falling to bits and i couldnt afford to feed myself, the wheels are a little heavy ,,so acceleration is down but stability is 30x better and top speed due to rim size is comforting,,, just need to get some bearings for the front!!!!!!!! ive got an amr300 i will put on aswell as soon as i finalize the mount which is quite troublesome to get right, it wont do much with the pulley ratios ive planned but hopefully enough just to overtake someone quicker and to overcome the heavy wheels.. hope you like it,, but in hindsight should have gone 14's but hey one better than the rest and id like to see someone try 16's or 17's under one......p.s i sprayed my battery black to match the rest of the car so it looks a little bit tougher now..
Last edited by hongster on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gadj

ST10,ST20,ST80,ST90,SK408. 1976 - 7/1985 FRONT 1234 REAR 2855

SK410 Carry & Super Carry 7/1985 - 1990 FRONT 4031 REAR 2857

GA413 Van 1999 - 2005 FRONT 4437 REAR 4050

GA413 Truck 4WD 2000 - 2005 FRONT 4436 REAR 4050

These bearing kit part numbers will have prefixes ie. WBK1234, W1234 K1234
& should cross over to other suppliers part numbers.

As for your supplier not having listings :x reckon they might not have wanted to serve you. I found these part numbers in seconds, where I used to work as a parts interpreter.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
hongster

thanks mate will order though a reputable shop, not just one near wrok,,

the car tramlines a fair bit but it did a bit with the 13"s on it too , i think i should see if there is any play in the steering components as something could be loose???

(edited today 27th jan 2009) the tie rods wereadjusted at it go's alot better
Last edited by hongster on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hongster

anyone know if the 88 steering system will bolt straight into the 83 model??? i found a wreck for cheap so if this can fix the minor "tramlining" im experiencing, great,, i still havent had the time to take a look under the car to see if anything is loose or miss-ajusted.. (this is my slack aproach to just change everything rather than trying to trouble shoot the problem)

can anyone help me or elaborate? or does this happen to anyone else,? or is it because im running 45 series tyres on the front?

i was going to put in my ubolts and lower the back but now im leaning towards making a home made lift kit for the front to match the height of the rear and get a bit more clearence under the front arches with two big blokes in the front it scrapes ever so slightly but enough to pee me off..

also cheers for the wheel bearing numbers...............
Last edited by hongster on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

The tram-lining would probably be camber combined with the wide tyres, although my Carry van used to suffer a similar problem because of poorly adjusted radius rods and worn rubber bushes.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Nehemiah

Looks sweet as!
Nice to see a killer carry getting around Adelaide.
toy550

Looks Tuff, Nice rims 8) 8) 8)
hongster

yeah wouldnt mind changing rims tho i just got these for the intrim, my supercharger braket is haveing issues but should be back up and running again by next week,,,, vroom vroom
Carryed Away

Thats a really nice looking ute mate! you've done really well. Im going down a similar track with my Super Carry Van, really keen to get some 16's fittted up, just a matter of finding the right offset rims and cutting and shutting them so they are more narrow and dont touch the inner gaurd (in theory, but see how i go LOL) No big issue for the rear wheels, but the fronts will be a hassle, very little room.

Well done once again, love the supercarger set up
Brightline Racing Fabrications 0401 187 414
gZerO

I know I'm digging up an old thread... but are they 15" rims?? And where in Adelaide did you get your alloys? I'm looking for 13" or 14", something that'll bolt straight on and won't rub. Don't want to mess with the rolling diameter either... tried a couple places but they look at you real funny. Oh and they need to look ok, not gonna chuck any old rims on there just for the sake of it. If I can't find ones I like I'll stick with the steelies :)
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
Nehemiah

Yes, these are 15 inch rims.

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has after market rims on their van that don't require spacers for correct fitment. However, thats no to say a nice set of 13 by 6 inch rims with a zero to negative offset wouldn't fit!

The wheels I run are 15's too and require spacers on the front, but thats just a short term solution until I can find (and pay for!) a nice set of negative offset old school Japanese rims...

Sam
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
Brayden

I've got 13" rims on my van, +38mm offset and 165/65 tyres. No rubbing, no clearance issues.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gZerO

How wide are the rims Brayden? And where did you get them? Would a 14 / 15 with the same specs (with a lower profile tyre of course) fit just as well?

Need to make some kind of 'answers all wheel questions' thread on here for the carry... a thread to end all threads about wheel and tyre combos, a list of what works and doesnt work, with full specs for factory Oz and JDM vehicles... I've searched through the forums and pieced together a *very* rough idea of what will work, by no means am I confident I could pick a combo and it'd work fine unless it's already been done.

(Bearing in mind I have a truck not a van, the rear door for me is no issue, just finding rims that won't scrub on the front :) )

Better yet, we need TACON :) There's TONS of info on this site for MBs, and it's a great resource, maybe something equiv for the carry... Err, anyway, where were we?

EDIT: Just found these on eBay... would this fit an 86 Truck? With the tyres fitted, or different ones? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JDM-japan-4-X-11 ... 33609657d0
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
Nehemiah

I stand corrected! lol
By going with the positive offset your limiting total width and fully hetic dish potential :wink:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
supervan

gZerO wrote:How wide are the rims Brayden? And where did you get them? Would a 14 / 15 with the same specs (with a lower profile tyre of course) fit just as well?

Need to make some kind of 'answers all wheel questions' thread on here for the carry... a thread to end all threads about wheel and tyre combos, a list of what works and doesnt work, with full specs for factory Oz and JDM vehicles... I've searched through the forums and pieced together a *very* rough idea of what will work, by no means am I confident I could pick a combo and it'd work fine unless it's already been done.

(Bearing in mind I have a truck not a van, the rear door for me is no issue, just finding rims that won't scrub on the front :) )

Better yet, we need TACON :) There's TONS of info on this site for MBs, and it's a great resource, maybe something equiv for the carry... Err, anyway, where were we?

EDIT: Just found these on eBay... would this fit an 86 Truck? With the tyres fitted, or different ones? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JDM-japan-4-X-11 ... 33609657d0
i think they will go very close to going on with no trubs at the very most you might need spacer's..ive just put 165/65/14's on my van 45 offset 5.5 inch rim i needed spacer's on the front i tried 8mm spacer's to thik 4-5mm was the go no scrubing so yeh i think those wheels you are looking at will go on your little truk :)
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan