National Meet

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mini_kompressor

Hi guys, im relatively new to your forum so i dont know whether this has been suggested in the past, but has anyone thought of a National meet before :?: My girlfriend and i have just bought a MB and are in the process of getting it on the road, and when its done it would be great to get together with other MB owners. We are from Vic, and we are also involved with the Victorian Mini Club, so we know the sort of fun that can be had when you get a group of like minded enthusiasts together :D
ceej

It has been discussed in the past, though due to the utes being so far and few between, and then finding roadworthy ones, and then finding roadworthy ones that are up to the challenge of driving quiet some distance it is hard to get any decent numbers together to make an event worth while.

Not shutting you down at all, cause I for one sure as hell would be up for it, but trying to get more than 3 utes together for a ute show in Canberra is hard enough. When we do, it's always the same 3 utes. It really is a shame because there is so many nice looking 'Boys out there, and we never get to see them in the flesh! :cry:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Every year for the past 5 years I have invited MB owners to bring their utes to the national Suzuki Swift meet I have organised.

This year was the first time the offer was taken up, and even then it was only one person - ceej!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mini_kompressor

Ive only just joined the forum and am in the process of getting my partners MB on the road, so hopefully next year the offer to come to the swift meet will still be there :). I only posted the thought because i know what fun you can have when a group of enthusiasts get together :D. Also its good to be able to put a face to a name. What the next thing thats going to be on?
Brayden

Not sure mate, we usually just take things as they come. Ute shows, show n shine, or just a cruise somewhere.
ceej

Unfortunately, and I don't mean to speak on behalf of Brayden, but the annual Canberra Cruise will be no more unless someone steps up and takes over the role of organizing it. However, I would say, with the interest expressed by several Sydney siders, and the fact that they often organize regular cruises for the RedlineGTi.com guys, there may well be someone there to take over. Maybe not call it Canberra cruise, but I'm sure it would be a very similar event in the sense that it is intended as a national event. But I dunno.

If and when there is a track day organized, you should come along to that. There may only be 3 or 4 other utes, and a heap of Swifts but it's a start. :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Good point ceej. For anyone interested I plan on organising a Suzuki track day at Wakefield Park sometime this year, once the weather cools off a bit of course.
mightyboy

if you can try to aim for a long weekend, then ill try my hardest to get the boy finished! ill put it on a trailer behind my commy and come down. bit of a trip for the boy by its self. i had better start praying

to get on the track does the car have to be rego'd?
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
Colin

be patient id love to do some fast laps at wakefield :twisted:
MORE BEER! :beer:
mightyboy

will it be the entire 2.2k's? might seriously have to look at a turbo engine.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
Brayden

Yes your car needs to be registered and roadworthy. We'd be using the whole track but you don't need a turbo.

I had a blast out there when my ute was N/A powered.

Col, don't worry it won't be happening for a few months yet. 8)
ceej

Brayden wrote:Col, don't worry it won't be happening for a few months yet. 8)
Gonna have to be at least 3 months! :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

I was thinking May/June.
ceej

It's a date, sorta...

Make it after the 19th of May and I will be there with pants on! :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Pants are mandatory. :P