Alto Works RSX Servicing (F5A)

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Brayden

Sorry mate I led you astray on the filter. The listing should be the same as for the cappa.

If your PCV system vents back into your air filter box then it is normal to expect some oil to accumulate there. If you switch to a pod filter then a catch can would be needed.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
JohnnyB

Now i can understand why it was so hard to get to!!! my alternator is located at the back of the motor!

With the oil filter, V07 or the Ryco equivulent.
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/jbalki69/CervoModeSmall.jpg[/img]
gilly

I put the Ryco Z443 filter on - it fits perfectly - anything wider and youll need to remove the alternator to get it out.

My service is complete - I wasnt able to get a standard filter at autobarn today so ill keep looking or maybe put a pod on - sounds like a bit too much hassle though.

I was fiddling with my foglights tryingt o get them working and i dropped the lens, smashing it. Now I need to track one of them down.

Putting the front bar back on wasnt too difficult, putting the headlights back in was a different story! Theres a little spring at the bottom that is near impossible to click-in unless you have kiddie-sized hands with the strength of man hands!
1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX F5A Gearbox - FOR SALE!
JohnnyB

with the spotties, best off trying to fit aftermarket branded one, probably alot cheaper
stevan_istheman

Yeah, i picked up some little hellla fog lights cheap as chips for when i do my front bar..
I dunno if they're available anymore but they're FF200's :wink:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Cappo

Hi,
It's been great reading your comments on the Alto Works, I own a 1988 RSR and have been having problems finding much info on them except that they are on Grand Tourismo. Is there a site with some history on them e.g production numbers etc? Mine was sold new in NZ and I believe it's the only one still on the road over here.
I just had my original radiator cleaned and tested cost $69.00, I believe mine has had a larger turbo fitted, does anyone know what is standard unit?
Parts aren't that hard to find for Alto's and Cappuccino's over here so if I can help in any way then just yell out.

Cheers Cappo
JohnnyB

Are parts for a Suzuki Cervo Mode easy to get there?
Cappo

The Cervo was never sold new in NZ, and I've never seen any used imports here either. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Cervo just another name for an SC100 or Wizz Kid as they call it in the UK.
If so then the SC100 was sold here but parts are as hard to get now as the cars are to find still on the road. Try the Wizz Kid car club in the UK.
I'm taking the motor and box out of my RSR tomorrow as it has an oil leak and the clutch has broken, should be fun!
Goofy[HSK]

what model is yours cappo?
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
Cappo

Mine is a 1988 Works RS-R, 543cc F5A twin cam.
4WD/2WD White with gold trim colours and lots of stickers, racing pink interior trim.
I also own a few Cappuccinos, but they're another story.
Goofy[HSK]

ah, ok, don't have much information on those
the series 2 rs/r production may be around 24000
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
Cappo

Mine's the same as Gilly's, look at the post dated the july 2007 on this page, except mine is the 4WD/2WD model.
Motor and box is out now, I wouldn't want to try and do clutch on one of these with the motor in place.
Your is the next model I take it with the sloping bonnet and sort of frog eye headlamps? How long you had it and what do you think of it.
Brayden

Cappo wrote: Motor and box is out now, I wouldn't want to try and do clutch on one of these with the motor in place.
Mate the same can be said for any Suzuki Kei with an east/west motor! Simplest way is to yank the motor and box in one hit, then split and fit the clutch.
gilly

Just a question on spark plugs for the 550cc DOHC F5A Turbo.

I used the NGK website to find what plug I need, and it came up with DCP8EVX. So I went to Sprint Auto parts and they said they dont have that plug (tried to tell me its an Iridium plug, is that right? I thought Iridiums end with 'IX'??). They said their closest plug to what I need is a Bosch Platinum Plus, at $6 each. I took their word for it and grabbed a set. I've just compared them to the plugs that came out of my other Alto (F6A RSR, ngk DCPR7E), and their completely different!

I also looked at the Bosch website at it says that Platinum Plus plugs are for cars 95+ plus.

So what should I do here? Try to track down the ones that the NGK website say I need (DCP8EVX), or just get another set of the ones I used in my RSR (DCPR7E, $4 each).
1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX F5A Gearbox - FOR SALE!
Brayden

Isn't there a placard underneath the bonnet with the plug type listed?