(NSW) Australia Day Ute Muster - January 2009

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Brayden

honda_mightyboy_rule wrote:lol.. how awsome would it be to have somethink like 20 mbs all lined up!
The most we've ever had at a cruise is 7. Waaay back in '05.

It would be awesome to see as many of you guys at Goulburn as possible!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
mightyboy

maybe we should do a fund raiser and then destribute the profits evenly, just to help everyone with their boys off the road. \:D/
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
myd_boy

Well i'm keen. Jst gotta get the mb resrpayed. Working on it as we speak.
Jermaine

jarrod that idea is a bit hard... cause if they do that and then someone pulls out and stuff but yeah.. id be happy for someone to pay for the spirit of tas :D lol
Brokenshire

Brayden, do you think it will be ok to stay there? Haven't you had issues in the past with having a small ute.

I'm happy to stay there but...
Brayden

I've heard a rumour of some horror stories at Deni, but I've never experienced anything more than the wrath of a redneck's tongue. A witty comeback or agreement with whatever shit they're spouting is usually enough to keep them at bay.

It might be worth asking the organiser about event security though, and whether you camp with your ute or if they're kept in a seperate compound. If we can camp with the utes I would be happy, that way we can form a bit of a tent circle with the utes in the middle. ;)
Tom

Hey People,
This is what is says on the website about camping:

"Camping facilities will be fully supervised and security patrolled to provide a family friendly enviroment.

There will be no holding or reserving sites for campers.

If there are clubs or groups attending that wish to camp together, we strongly suggest staking out your area or arrive in one bunch.

Campers may bring food and beverages into the grounds - anybody else may not.
There will be take-away food vendors inside the camping areas as well as showers and toilets.

More details on the camping arrangements will be posted when they become available."

Ignoring the fact point 2 and 3 contradict each other! :P I think there still in the early planning stages.. I live out of goulburn and have'nt heard much at all about the event so far. I'll keep everyone informed if i hear anymore about it.
Speed Kills: Drive a Mighty Boy and Live Forever!
Brokenshire

I think it means that they will not reserve an area for a group but if you get there at the crack of dawn, then you can put dibs on an area for your you and your mates.
gazuga

count me in.
about time i did something with the boy, seeing as i was in the last pic, i guess i should make the effort for this one.

if you tas guys are serious about coming across, but dont want to go the whole way to goulburn, theres a bed here in deni. about 3 hours north of melb, 6ish from goulburn..
Al_Zhiemer

hhmmmm... was thinking about doing a run down for summer nats in the GTR, might hold off and try to get the mighty boy finished and attend this event at the same time.

Will confirm closer to the date but at this stage it sounds like a plan to me.

See if we can flood the event with mighty boys, be good to see tamon have the biggest club turn out. Smallest ute with the biggest turn out...

Probably will be any way, by then none of the redneck's will be able to afford to run the V8 tonner with the price of fuel LOL
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
Brokenshire

I'm Excited to here good positive feed back and some interest in the event.

I just hope that it lasts the 6 months until the event!
Brokenshire

Just though I'd post about the Entry costs early on:
Entry prices are as follows:

$75 up to 30th Jun 08
$85 1st Jul to 30th Sept 08
$95 1st Oct to 30th Nov 08
$105 1st Dec to 23th Jan 09
$120 Registration on Event Day 24th Jan 09 only
:-o
The entry form that you download doesn't have the first page on it and obviously this is the one that costs the most. I suggested that we might only pay the $15.00 per class as shown but he didn't find it really funny.

Other competitions haven't been this much, but I suppose instead of paying for accomidation you pay for entry?
Brayden

It is a 3 day event, and I assume it includes camping & facilities?
Brokenshire

As I said, the camping is free and there are toilets and showers provided.

Saturday is just for registration and I'd say Monday would be just for hangovers?

Just seams like alot. Especially if its those prices plus class entry.

He said he'd call me back in a few days when the forms are fixed.
Brayden

Cool, well I'll reserve comment until I see the full forms. Although the fact he can't have the correct forms available doesn't say much about the organisation. :ohnoes: