(NSW) Australia Day Ute Muster - January 2009

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mightyboy

wow! thats a hefty price, what do you get for your money?
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
Brokenshire

Cool, well I'll reserve comment until I see the full forms. Although the fact he can't have the correct forms available doesn't say much about the organisation.
:cry:
Brokenshire

OK, So I've checked back into the Ute site and it appears that the mods to the pdf page have been made.

It's gone from a 3 page form (although the first was missing), to an 8 page epic.

I'm still keen keen on going but would like a bit of a mighty boy bonanza to turn up as well.

It seams that you get 'free' camping with your {now} $85 but i think its a bit rough because it appears to be per person, not per vehicle. Isn't there somewhere around that you could stay for less than $170 a night and not have to roll out your slepping bag?

I'm in with the majority either way just want to get confirmations in soon!
Brayden

Shit I thought the entry price was per ute, not per person! Do they have a separate price if you don't want to camp on-site? I know we could hire a massive cabin at Wakefield Park for less than what they're asking!

I'll download the PDF and have a read.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

I thought some one might say something like that. Make an evening of just mighty boys.

I assume that if you don't want part 'A', then jusy pay as you go for 'B', 'C' 'D'?
Tom

well i have to say.. its the first ute show entry form i've ever seen with a "next of kin" piece to fill out! How rough are they expecting this ute show to be? :P
Speed Kills: Drive a Mighty Boy and Live Forever!
Al_Zhiemer

Sorry to say but i'm out. due to medical reasons and now other commitments i have no chance of finishing the boy off in time.

Will see how things go and hopefully do a run down in the GTR for summernats, if i'm still down that way i'll try to get out and catch up with those that do go to the ute muster.

Cheers.
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
Brayden

I've read through the entry "novel", and will be emailing the organisers with some questions.

All I can say is they need to get their shit straight!
Brokenshire

C'mon Brayden...

Fill us in on the details of the email and the responce!
Brokenshire

Had a call from one of the judges.

He wants to make sure that we can get a good turn out.

He assures me that $100 odd is well worth the hours of entertainment.

Anyone still keen?
Brayden

So what was the story Shane, you pay full price even if you don't want to camp onsite?

Sorry I never did get around to sending my email - its still sitting in my computer.
Brokenshire

I didn't ask him specifically about that (having to pay even if not staying there). The idea I got from him was that the $100odd is to pay for the logistics - entertainment, security, toilets etc etc. It has nothing to do directly with the ute show side of it.

He is one of the judges of summer nats as well, if that makes a difference.

I can't see any way of avoiding buying a ticket.

If they are expecting 1500 utes, half a dozen mighty boys or less not turning up won't faze them.

I think its just a good opportunity to actually put some of the better MB's up against a bit more competion. It's also an opportunity for other mighty boy owners to support those better MB's (and owners) who have put in the effort and supply us their hard learned lessons at no charge. Don't worry, I'm definently still in the learning catorgory but I want people to be able to see my car progress over the next few years. "oh remember when we saw that $#!+ box last year? Look at it now!" kind of thing.

That's also a call for ALL the guys and gals out there with the better looking cars to make an effort and show up as well!
ceej

I have one question about insurance etc. Is this an enter at own risk type event, so say we enter our utes and some of those tough arse redneck Holden drivers decide they want to manipulate our parking location with bruit force and manage to bend a panel or two in the process, is that deemed our responsibility (i.e. are we signing a waiver to say that we are entering the event at our own risk) or will the organizers fork the bill or try and get the money out of the rednecks? I ask because I am concerned about the late night antics of those drunk Holden and Ford fans, and I have a feeling that we are going to bare the full force of any car related pranks.
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brokenshire

I do see your point.

I would assume it will depend on your insurance company.

I would also assume that they won't cover you. Same as track days I would assume. But the organisers would have to have insurance for public or private damage, surely.

I'm with the NRMA so I'll give them a call later and confirm.
Brokenshire

So the goal post have moved in relation to the camping. Now you have to book a sight if you want one. I still don't know what the price is if you don't want to camp there.

As most of you know I've been trying to rally up support for this event. It's so far out timewise that your Mighty boys should be ready to roll into town by then.

Lets get some committment and go and have a good time.