Melbourne Cruise... Nov 16 2008

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
marxy82

cant make it like a lot of other people if it was one week later id be there good luck.
alot of people are missing out it seems. maybe we should do like a cruise or bbq like once every 3 months or some thing so that all the melbourne mighty boys can catch up
would be good to see how every ones boys are going and the different mods done over time well just a thought chris.
:)
go the mighty boy
deathpunk

and another one bites the dust :(
I'm in the same boat as another member, mighty boy respray won't be finished so can't make it =(! hopefully have another soon so the ones of us who couldn't make it can come!
toy550

We'll see how successful this cruise is, then maybe we can organise another one for January or February. Good suggestion Ceej with the camera and radios. Will be taking camera but unfortunately dont have 2 way radios.
gazuga

:x im out.
sold one of my cars during the week, and told today the guy can only get here to pick it up tommoro or not for a few weeks. sadly i need it gone so have to sit out this one.

have fun guys and like ceej said, lotsa pics.

oh and if there is one in jan/feb i will 100% definately probably almost make it :lol:
Tez

What a Day!
I met up with Mini_Kompressor at an earlier meeting point and we then cruised across town to the "Official" meeting point.
Ben (Mini_Kompressor) with Louise riding Shotgun & I (Tez) all arrived at the meeting point just on 10:00am and had just got ourselves parked when Perry (Holk) rode in on his bike - disappointed that his car was not ready - but came along anyway just to say G'day. Phil (Toy550) rolled in about 10:30 and we waited for others. (None arrived). Phil took a quick spin over to the Maccas on the other side of the highway, just in case someone was waiting for us on the wrong side, but returned alone.
Saw one other MB on the opposite side of the Higway in trouble - Phil stopped by to see if he could help - no driver present - big tyre woes - sorry we missed you) - A shame really - between us we had 12", 13" & 14"... :? :lol: :-o
The weather was perfect. :D
The company, although few, were great (where were the rest of you?? - You missed a great cruise!)
The ride to Geelong and then on to Torquay was led by Toy550, with Mini_Kompressor following & I ran rear-guard. A leisurely 85-90kph run with no issues at all - Nice work Phil - some ducking & weaving as drivers overtook one other to get some nice action shots early on, but then settled down into a three-car convoy. Several people showed their respect & admiration with many thumbs up, grins and tooting of horns as we were passed.
In Torquay we turned off for the beach and were led to a nice reserve with BBQ facilities etc. where Ian (Flinny) had previously arrived with his son and already had their lunch on the go. Arrived approx 1:00pm.
Much discussion and comparing of notes was made, and a relaxing time had by all. None of us really wanted to head back, but time was ticking on, so a little after 2:30, lunch well done, and photos taken, Flinny led us out of the reserve and for a quick tour of Torquay before getting us back onto the SouthCoast Higway. The run back up to Melbourne was just as easy. At one point in Geelong we had Mightyboys spread across Princes Highway forming a rolling roadblock as Phil was in the left lane and Ben moved over into the right lane so Louise could get a better action shot of him, I closed up in the middle lane to hold back the traffic for a minute or so... As it should be - Mightyboys Rule!
Closer to Melbourne Toy550 turned off as Mini_Kompressor & I aimed for City-Link and a more direct run home than our trip over.
On the eastern side of City Link I peeled off at High Street Road and left Ben & Louise to complete their run home.

Talk was made of another run perhaps in February next year... If this run is anything to go by, I'll be in the next for sure!

Thanks for making the effort Phil - It was well planned, well executed, very easy, laid back and pleasurable. And some TAMON members names now have faces - and all nice people.

I've uploaded some pics here:
http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/events/melbourne08/

Cheers
Last edited by Tez on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ceej

I guess four utes is better than none! Shame the others who were so keen didn't show. :(

Why don't you get Brayden to hook you up with a TAMON gallery so that you can keep it in the family. I am sure he would also be happy to make a gallery for the cruise. Much better than TinyPic!

Anyway, congrats on having a good day the few that rocked up, hopefully the next one will be a bit more successful! If it does go ahead for Feb/March, hopefully I will be down there doing my training and I might be able to come say g'day if I get leave, or you can cruise out to Western Port Bay (Crib pt.) as part of the cruise and see me! :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
JB

Thanks for the wrap up Tez. I am really sorry to here about the poor turnout, it sounded as if there were going to be a swag of MB's! Being from Melbourne, I can imagine how great the day would have been weather wise. Good on you all for getting off your bums! I sincerely hope I will be able to make the next run.
Flinny

Thanks guys had a ball today-i struggle getting photos up so i have emailed some to Brayden and yeah maybe he could setup a gallery. glad everyone got home with no dramas, lets aim for Feb 2009 and do it all again...Flinny. :D
holk

Guys,

great to hear everything went well. Let's do it again in February.

P.
Tez

Hi Ceej.
Now I have some actual photo's of my own, I'll get onto that...
Brayden - application for personal gallery submitted...
How do we get a "cruise" gallery allocated?
Cheers
Tez
Brayden

Your account has been created mate. Easiest way to create a cruise gallery is to just make a folder in your own section, then I can move it to the cruises section once you've stuck all your pics in there. 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

Cheers Brayden.
Once you move an album from my gallery to the Cruise gallery can it be accessed by others? - I think the other participants might like to add their images to it as well.
Tez
Brayden

Unfortunately I don't think I can add multiple owners to the one gallery - but I can combine galleries if everyone creates one for their pics. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

Ok, Brayden No worries...
just created an album in my gallery & added the same pics I put on tinypic earlier, but a little larger (still fairly small to save space but much clearer) Feel free to relocate it as you see fit ;-)
Cheers
Tez
toy550

Great day... thanks Tez for giving everyone the run down of the day. Anyways, like Tez said it was a fantastic day, unfortunately we didn't get as much as we had hoped for, although this is only the first of many to come. The drive up and back went as smooth as possible. I did spot another mightyboy on the way home near my house, got the biggest wave from the passenger, they both looked stunned to see another boy on the road. I'll try and get some of my pics up when i can. Will be organizing another cruise for Feb 09, maybe on the other side of the city this time. I'll post something up soon, where everyone can put in suggestions before the location is chosen.
Thanks for the great day guys...