Melbourne Cruise... Nov 16 2008

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
toy550

Just have to have a look at the melway this week sometime to finalise the final route we'll be taking. The meeting place will definately be at the mcdonalds off the western ring road. Cheers
toy550

Had a look last night at what route is best to take.
I think the simplest way will be just to continue down the western ringroad, then onto the princess freeway continue on that straight through Geelong, Turn onto Surf Coast hwy. Then left on Darian Rd and right on the esplanade. Continue to the end where theres a parking/picnic area.
Just incase the area is full when we get there, Flinny has offer up his place to have the bbq, which is nearby. There is plenty of room there, 8 acres i have been told.

On the day, before we depart, we'll discuss an average travelling speed for the freeways that everyone is confortable with. Also if anyone wants to stop half way, that can also be arrange.
Psi_Wagon

just a question;

with all this freeway driving how do you think everyone in there standard mb are gonna cope, because my own 550 auto mb absolutly screams at 100k's. i dont know how a youd go with a bunch of cars sitting at 80 or so k's lol

no way ide take it all the way to geelong on the freeway :S
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
toy550

If the majority want to go a different way it can be arrange. I was just selecting the easiest way thats all. this is the other way avoiding freeways.
Get off the freeway at fitzgerald road and follow theses directions

1. Head south on Fitzgerald Rd toward Boundary Rd
3.7 km
2. Continue on Old Geelong Rd
2.0 km
3. Old Geelong Rd turns right and becomes Sayers Rd
1.2 km
4. Turn left at Hercules Dr
0.8 km
5. Turn right at Canberra Ave
1.4 km
6. Turn right at Forsyth Rd
54 m
7. Turn left at Old Geelong Rd
2.9 km
8. Turn left to stay on Old Geelong Rd
0.8 km
9. Turn right at Princes Hwy
4.9 km
10. Continue on Werribee St Nth
91 m
11. Turn left at Cottrell St
0.3 km
12. Continue on Ballan Rd
24 m
13. Turn left at Bulban Rd
5.9 km
14. Continue on Manor Rd
0.9 km
15. Turn left at Wests Rd
0.3 km
16. Turn left to stay on Wests Rd
0.9 km
17. Turn right toward Little River Rd
4.7 km
18. Turn right at Little River Rd
2.5 km
19. Continue on Old Melbourne Rd
10.7 km
20. Continue straight onto McClelland Ave
0.3 km
21. Turn left at Avalon Rd
89 m
22. Turn right at Watt St
0.9 km
23. Turn left at Nasmyth St
0.2 km
24. Nasmyth St turns right and becomes Service Rd
0.8 km
25. Slight left at Rennie St
3.5 km
26. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Shell Pde
3.2 km
27. Continue on Wharf Rd
0.5 km
28. Turn left at Lowe St
0.3 km
29. Continue on Seabeach Pde
1.2 km
30. Turn right at Abery Rd
0.9 km
31. Slight right at The Esplanade
59 m
32. Continue on Corio Quay Rd
1.2 km
33. Slight left to stay on Corio Quay Rd
0.7 km
34. Slight left at Princes Hwy
7.0 km
35. Turn left at Barwon Heads Rd
2.7 km
36. Slight right at Horseshoe Bend Rd
1.0 km
37. Turn right at Reserve Rd
0.1 km
38. Turn left at Horseshoe Bend Rd
13.0 km
39. Slight right at The Esplanade
1.2 km

It doesnt have to be this exact route, but im sure when we meet up at Mcdonalds, we can decide which exact roads to take. Im happy either way, as long as the cruise happens. :D :D . Also it doesn't have to be one long continuest drive, we can take short breaks along the way. It all depends on what people are the happiest with. As i origanally said we'll meet up at 10 and only leave there around 11, so that will give us plenty of time to discuss whats the best way to go.
Flinny

I understand peoples hesitation on the Geelong Hwy, but i believe as the quality of this road is so high the most direct route is the best route, if you over complicate it, it could get messy. The meeting spot to Torquay can be one continuous road. 100 ks is the max speed-doesn't mean you have to do it, there is a good servo on the way down about 1/2 way and then you could go all the way to Torqauy, after the ring road get on the M1 all the way to Geelong then in Belmont turn left into the B100 (SurfCoast Hwy)..its easy..anyway just my opinion? Ian
toy550

I think the best option is when we all get to the meeting point to have a discussion and discuss which way most people are comfortable with.
mini_kompressor

Any idea on how many people are coming :?:
toy550

Im not to sure but assuming we should have 8-9
eternal teen

I drive my 500 MB from Coburg to the Boundry Rd exit for work every week day and it's no drama sitting on 80 to 90 km even in peak hour morning traffic.I also used to go from Coburg to Hoppers Crossing every day for work and it's the same deal.There are lots of people in other cars doing 80 to 90 km on the freeway as it's suppose to save petrol.As for the day of the run as long as we all stay in the left lane it should be no drama.Also that whole stretch of road would have to be the most MB friendly road in Victoria dudes 8) 8) 8) 8) I'm looking foward to the day....my MB's getting pretty exited about it too : :D :) : :wink:
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
holk

Bugga, bugga, bugga!!!
I went to pick up the boy from the panel beater after a full re-spray, and the guy has not finished it yet. I told him about the drive next Sunday and he promised he will work all this week to finish it.
Hope I'll make it. If not finished (or ready for the drive) I'll come and meet you anyway at McDonalds and we'll catch up another time.

Cheers,

P
Flinny

i got my fully rebuilt carby back on today, $270 later but wow i am happy not only does it look new it actually works as it should, best $$$$ i've spent, give ya panel beater hell until his done i reckon :D
marxy82

if i have my boy brought down from pearth in time id love to come for my first of many cruises can any get me on to tamon stickers cheers marxy82
go the mighty boy
Flinny

Just thinking would it be easier or at least help TOY550 if people could indicate if they will be coming on Sundays cruise, just so his not hanging around at the meet spot for ages wondering if anyone else is coming. Just some numbers.. :roll:
mini_kompressor

Im there, wouldn't miss this :D
gazuga

:stupid: