Boosted Boy

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
mini_kompressor

Hey guys, just thought id try posting a couple of picks of the supercharger installation on my Mb engine. The supercharger side of things is almost done, next comes the extractors, and the engine rebuild :twisted:  A mate i work with is doing the fabrication of the kit  for me, and according to his figures we should be looking at about 100bhp, give or take some :D  This should be sweet, as a similar kit ive got on my mini puts out about 150 :twisted: If the kit works well, which it should, then he could be looking at making more on request.
Attachments
DSC01669.JPG
DSC01639.JPG
ceej

How close does the S/C sit to the firewall? Does it bolt straight up to an intake manifold? Any pics from above?
Garry. Nuff sed!
mini_kompressor

Its all bolted to a custom made manifold. All the measurements point to us having plenty of room, so you can close the bonnet and nobodys the wiser, in true sleeper fashion :D
Brayden

That is suh-weet! Put me down as interested once you have it up and running.

Does the custom manifold have a water jacket and thermostat housing? If so then much praise for the workmanship!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
motorheadmatt

looks sweet as.....what other mods would be needed besides the extractors.......is it preferred a carby or injectection setup??

very interested also :D
"chopped springs give you wings"
mini_kompressor

For this install im going to run with the SU carby, as i love these because they're so simple, but im sure that fuel injection wont be a problem :) The water side of things has been sorted, and once the manifold has been finalised ill try to post some more photos up here. My mate who's doing the kit, has a website which has all the other installs he has done, which is worth a look, its www.hi-flow.com . If you look at the Bmc A serie's gallery my mini's the Blue one :D
JB

Looking good! I tried to drop into your work on Sat, but couldn't find it! You are in Rooks Rd yeah?
mini_kompressor

Hey JB :) Pm sent.
jono

Looks good - I'd be interested in a s/c kit too to try out with my EFI setup.

BTW, your Mini looks great :thumbup1:
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
greenzook89

if this becomes a kit i'm getting another mighty boy just to supercharge it :D
jackzorox

do you have any idea how much this would cost all up?
88 Mightyboy - F8b stock
87 MR2 - 4AGE

Go Rabbitohs etc. woo.
ToranaGuy

Looks rather promising, any updates on the progress available?

To get it up & running & see how it goes, draw thru carby would be fine, but i'm sure most guys on here would prefer to go blow thru EFI with an intercooler fit for good boost levels. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
mini_kompressor

Hey Guys, sorry i havent updated you for a while but its been busy at work. Anyway, the water passage through the manifold has been sorted, Hans has worked out where he wants to fit the thermostate, and my NEW SU Carby arrived this week :) . Hans has also been fabricating up an extra engine steady, which looks fantastic, and once painted should look like it was there from factory. Basically the supercharged side of things is 99% done. Next we move on to extractors :twisted: Heres a couple of photos, i will try to take some more this week.
Attachments
DSC01679.JPG
DSC01678.JPG
JB

It's a work of art, and a credit to you! Will be great to see when its all together and running.
ToranaGuy

What brand of s/c is that? It's looking good!

When you make up extractors, is there any chance you could just make up a few head flanges / plates so people can buy them & make up turbo manifolds?

I'd be very interested in a head flange or two!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|