JB's Rebuild

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
mini_kompressor

Its looking fantastic James, truly a work of art. :thumbup2: Hope when its done you bring it up to Albury for some "Cruzin", even hit the Hume for a little "Fast and Furious" action :lol: .
JB

'Nice to see another G10 out there. I am sure that you are familar with the teamswift.net website. If you aren't then have a look as there is heaps of info over there about them. One of the things that I have found is that you can use vitara pistons in the turbo engine to save having to get forged one for example.'

Check out the earlier part of my thread, particularly the part about pistons! I've had the MB running a G10 for many years, 7 or 8 at a guess, but I ditched the standard carby and ran an SU. During this rebuild I have replaced the G10 with a G10T.

I wish I had the time to make composite parts for other MB enthusiasts, but I am flat out trying to get my own car done, maybe when its done I can look into it.

Brayden, I doubt anyone who mods or restores a car is every REALLY happy with the result, I'm sure there will be things that bug me about my car when its done, besides, if you make to too perfect, you might just end up wanting to put it in a room and never use it. I have plans for another way more epic MB than this one, so my mind wanders from this car already!

Ben, I check on the details of every Vic MB outing with envy, so I will be itching to tag along when all is done. Love your bonnet by the way!

Will get some more pics up soon.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/14529-2/tamon-avatar.jpg[/img]
JB

I've found myself 2 sets of 2nd hand rims for the MB. I've got myself a set of 14" Watanabe's that I found after months of eBay hunting, only now to find there is an Aussie distributor! :bashhead: Although I suspect that what I paid for the set would be less than the price of one new rim! The other set I found at a 2nd hand tyre and rim place. They are Performance Hurricanes in 12x5, with a really nice 'dish' look about them because of the crazy offset. They fill up the flared guards very nicely, and with that small rolling radius, should be good for fast take offs! You can see from the pics that I've stripped them back to bare alloy and I'm having them painted this weekend.
Attachments
Performance2b.jpg
Watanabe.JPG
Trav

I've started looking at a set of Watanabe's myself. Now that I am going to be putting a set of flares on the boy, I don't think my ROH's will fill up the guard. Suppose I could get a set of spacers, but not sure if they are legal for road use or not.

Anyway, I'm a fair way from those worries yet. Just ripping out the F8B out of the Hatch, then I need to get it rebuilt, strip down the boy.............
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Brayden

JB wrote:They are Performance Hurricanes in 12x5
12" will really limit your tyre choice. Even the Mini guys run 13" these days, so performance tyres are common in that size.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
stevan_istheman

:oops: reading through this thread i may have just jizzed a little.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
JB

I made sure to check on tyres before I commited to buying the 12's, and I got myself Yokohama AO48's
Brayden

:thumbup1:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
JB

I'm hoping to one day get myself a set of Volk TE37's, but for the moment I just have to approximate the colour on my Performance rims - Now with AO48's. BAM!
Attachments
Performance3.JPG
gazuga

:D~ :clap:
shavenyak

SIIICK!

I had a look on the yokohama site for those A048's, but couldn't find them in 12", what dimensions are they?
Trav

WOW. That looks really phat! That really fills the guard nicely. Got me thinking about 13" rims now. Damn, you keep making it hard to decide. What rubber are you putting on the Watanabe's?
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
nelpd96

JB what did you do with the passenger side drive shaft? The reason that I ask is I thought that I had mine sorted but after a decent drive it seems to be binding a bit under acceleration and right hand turns. I have popped it out and I will pull it down for an inspection but I thought I had this one nutted out.

Cheers
Paul

P.S. You car looks bloody great, I would love to get that sort of finish on mine but I lack the patience and money :D
gadj

Channeling SLR5000 there...looks good!
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
JB

Hi all, been meaning to get back here but computer time always seems to take a backseat to other things, and like a few people here, I am in the middle of some house reno's, as well as coming up to getting hitched! But the MB project does still tick along. First though, 'nelpd96', I actually didn't do the original G10 swap, so I'm not sure what was done to the driveshafts.
So the latest is this; really only been focusing on the interior. I wanted to do something that hadn't been done to a Mighty Boy (at least not that I had seen on this forum) so for a start, I had the dashboard flocked. It's a lot like having it painted, it requires a complete strip down and masked where you don't want the flocking to go, but it was amazingly cheap ($80 for the entire dash and the steering column shroud) and it came up fantastic.
Attachments
Flocked Dash2.JPG
Flocked Dash.JPG