How to check for fault codes Works RSR ??

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
dodgemnz

Hi all does anyone know where the diagnostic socket is on an 87 Works rsr?
This car doesnt have a check light on the dash or the normal suzuki diagnostic sockets that i can see. I was looking for the early 4 pin or 6 pin or even the single one that is usually connected near the battery. Without a wiring diagram etc its not easy to figure this out. My cappuccino had the normal 6pin one under the bonnet and i had a manual for it that was very hepful on pulling flash codes. I think its running a bit rich so would like to know if all is ok and maybe find the trimming resistor for the injection if it exists.
Cheers
Mike :?
87 ALTO WORKS RSR
New Zealand
dodgemnz

My old post but i thought i would update for any works owners.
There is a white 2 pin connector that is capped and sits near the carbon cannister and the coil on the bulkhead. I fitted a small diode across that connector and it happily flashes out any fault codes.
My original code ended up being the inlet air temp sensor which was due to a broken wire where the loom goes across from the engine to the bulkhead (was fractured a few cm's from the point it leaves the main harness). This was why the car was running rich. Its been fixed a couple of years now and my led just keeps flashing 12 12 12 (no faults). very handy to have it there as i can check there are no faults every time i open the bonnet with the engine on.
:)
87 ALTO WORKS RSR
New Zealand
Brayden

Thanks for updating us with the solution. I'm always a bit disappointed that we don't have the user base here to answer some questions, but I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem. :thumbup1:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
benny

Do u have a list of the fault codes at all, what code means what fault etc?