Dyno Run for the mb

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
myd_boy

Gday gang,

Yesterday i took the opportuniuty to take my beloved Mightyboy for a power run on the dyno at JEMs Dyno Day...The day was ok except for the 3-4 cars per hour. Finally at 5.45, after 5 hours of waiting it was my turn.

When JEM started the car he said there was no comperssion in one cylinder. So i had a dyno run with only 2. lol. I got a giggle from the 15 ppl still waiting around when my beast entered on the dyno. I got bagged out due to only having to strap down the front side of the car, many saying only to stop it from blowing away from the fan..

Abit disappointed in the fact that i couldnt get a proper reading, even after countless setting changes (AF ratios, 4 cylinder mode etc) but after all the 12 dyno runs i managed to get....15.6fwkw. :D and on 2 cylinders...Im happy with that. It was playing up badly on the way home but this morning it seems fine except for a little noisier.

Get day out and saw some pretty big numbers from some GTRs and 200sx. A low light for the day was my bro in his R33 skyryine got defected by a cop as he drove out. He did nothing wrong which is a shame and waited for him. So if anyone knows ppl with Stock intercooler and exhaust and they want to sell it. My bro would much appreciate it.

Cheers DaLEz--------->
ToranaGuy

F5a or F8b mate?

I would have thought the tyre size would be the major factor in getting the power figures to show up right?

What exactly did the cop pick on the skyline for, was the exhaust too loud? Too low? Just the fact it wasn't factory? Same about the intercooler?

That's a bummer about teh skyline, that's why mods like that should get engineered, then when the cop starts writing the defect, you can wave a report in front of him that states he is a dickhead & has to leave you alone because it's been certified legal by someone who know's, not his side of the road uneducated judgement! ROFLMFAO.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
myd_boy

F8B but only 2 cylinders so 534 cc. and i had stockies.

Well the cop jst waited for my bro to drive past and pulled him up. Went thru the whole car. But i think seeing the 19 inch rims and front mount cooler the cop would have thought it was a easy pick.
ToranaGuy

myd_boy wrote:F8B but only 2 cylinders so 534 cc. and i had stockies.

Well the cop jst waited for my bro to drive past and pulled him up. Went thru the whole car. But i think seeing the 19 inch rims and front mount cooler the cop would have thought it was a easy pick.
Not bad power for a F8b that's down a pot!

The rims wouldn't mean a damn thing unless they were outside the total rolling diameter & width rules for your state! The intercooler, it's probably only defective if it could injure a pedestrian in an accident or you had to cut away impact absorbing parts of a bumper to fit it.

But don't ask a cop what the actual law is regarding these items, they probably can't tell you the specifics, just that they will say " oh that's not legal "..... well that's what i get 99% of the time. I carry around a copy of the current Vic Roads modified vehicle rules with me in my EB, so i can dispute what the cop " thinks " Vs what Vic Roads actually states is law. Come in handy a few times!

I also carry a copy of the engi report in my mighty boy for that same reason, if i were to be pulled over in the 'boy, i can produce legal proof it's safe & legal.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|