melbourne cruise...22 Feb 09 *date changed*

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

There are two free BBQ's under cover at the lunch point.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
toy550

If anyone wants a reminder text sent to your mobile the night before the cruise, just PM me your number.
holk

Are we sure the location for this weekend drive is safe? I don't know the area well, but it seems quite close to some of the fires still on.
Tez

Actually, That is not a silly Idea - I'll check the CFA website - there is a possibility the roads might be closed due to the fires...

I'll report back...
Tez
Tez

Ok Folks...

(I don't mean to Hijack your cruise Phil)

Here's the thing. - "Best laid plans of mice & men..."

This MB cruise was planned from day 1 to go thru Gembrook and Hoddles Creek amongst other "Leafy Hamlets".
There are/have been fires in both Gembrook and Hoddles Creek and I'm now wondering if we should go the route I mapped out - at this time...

I don't want anyone to think we're "sight-seeing" - the idea was a MB cruise - NOT a trip into the bush to dodge or gawk at bushfires.

So - for those still interested, as I see it, we have a few options...
1. Cancel completely <-- Bad Idea.
2. Delay it several weeks (couple of months!)
3. Go somewhere else - Anyone got any ideas?
4. Go this route anyway. <-- Tacky

what are your thoughts, people?
Tez
Brayden

Feel free to ignore my comment, but a couple of years ago I went on a Swift cruise that went through Gisborne to Mt Macedon and Woodend. That was a great day with some really nice roads - not sure if that area has been affected by the fires though.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
marxy82

maybe a post pone wouldnt be a bad idea only cos i myself have been affected by the fires dont no about any one else but i do really want to come on a cruise maybe just not just yet
:(X i dont mind ill come to the next one but dont think i can make it this weekend im sorry to all that are going
Last edited by marxy82 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
go the mighty boy
holk

Don't want to sound I don't give a crap about the fires, but I have postponed a family gathering to come this weekend. I would prefer to change destination (anywhere else), than postponing to another date. Brayden's suggestion of Mt Macedon is quite good.

And happy to come to another one, whenever it will happen.

P
Last edited by holk on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toy550

Alot of areas have been affected by the bush fires. The only possible route that i can see that is not affected is down the coast. Either Rye/rosebub or Geelong (which has been done already). Ill do a quick search tomorrow to see if there are any other routes we can take. I'll get back to you all then.
holk

Phil,

Any update? Even if we don't go for a long drive, we can easily find somewhere to go. Rye, Rosebud.... We can even just go for a coffee up to Olinda, half hour from Ringwood.
toy550

The only other area not affected is towards bacchus marsh through to gisborne/macedon area. Even just go for a drive down to Rye is an option.
I think if we keep the original meeting location and time, and then go from there down to Rye/Rosebud and have a coffee/snack.

Hows does that sound?

Also how many people are coming?
holk

I am in, even if I had to push it.
Tez

I should be there.
Tez
toy550

Tez has come up with a new route, so i say we should all meet up at the original meeting location, then have a quick chat and see which route most prefer.

*also I do have the alto works, if anyone's car is not on the road and wants to drive that, just shoot me a PM and we'll organise something.
holk

Come on guys, where is everyone else? Ben (MiniKompressor), are you coming? Who else is coming?