Alto Works or F5A turbo performance stats?

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
gilly

Something I get asked quite a bit, but never have an answer for...

How fast are these little Alto's with the 550cc twin cam turbo engine (F5A) or the F6A 660cc twin cam turbo?

0-100 times?
1/4 mile times?

Im talking about these in stock form, and if possible in either FWD or 4WD.

I guess an F5A mightboy would be pretty much comparible in performance to an F5A alto works rsx which is also FWD - they probably weigh about the same too.
1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX F5A Gearbox - FOR SALE!
Brayden

gilly wrote: I guess an F5A mightboy would be pretty much comparible in performance to an F5A alto works rsx which is also FWD - they probably weigh about the same too.
:lol: 19kw vs 47kw... I think there's a parity issue there. ;)

I don't think I've ever seen Q/M details for Alto models, but because the 4WD variant is about 60kg heavier I would expect it to be slower in a straight line than a FWD version. F5A/F6A shouldn't be much different in factory form as they're both limited to 47kw.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gilly

Brayden wrote::lol: 19kw vs 47kw... I think there's a parity issue there. ;)
Nah I was talking about when people put an F5A turbo from an alto works into a mightboy.

I forget that mightboys have an F5A engine as stock (non turbo carby, that must be slow!).
1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX F5A Gearbox - FOR SALE!
ToranaGuy

gilly wrote: I forget that mightboys have an F5A engine as stock (non turbo carby, that must be slow!).
Yep, very. That's why we swap in something faster! I've got a F8b, which will be rebuilt soon, including a EFI setup a bit like brayden's hopefully running not long after the engine is rebuilt, and i hope to turbo it, and get more than 47KW out of it. Considering it's 29 or 30 stock, 47 shouldn't be a hard ask.

Get it running good & i'll give it a blast down the 1/4 @ Calder Park for a laugh & to get a time card. Maybe good for a 15 sec quarter - a F8b Turbo Mighty Boy?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

Running 7PSI on an F8B with a conservative tune I'm making the same power as an F5A on 10PSI. Theoretically that's only good for a high-16 pass.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I wind the boost up.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:Running 7PSI on an F8B with a conservative tune I'm making the same power as an F5A on 10PSI. Theoretically that's only good for a high-16 pass.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I wind the boost up.
Yes it will be interesting! Altho the time you think sounds a little :cry: it's a lot faster than stock!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

It is enough power to make it fun, but not enough to make it really exciting. I think that threshold is about 50kw ATW - about the time you start embarrassing Commodore and Falcon drivers. :lol:
Tay

Here is a dyno result from my brothers '87 Alto RS-R.
The previous owner had it dyno'd back in 2004, the car is pretty much stock standard besides the pod filter I installed soon after I purchased it, so I reckon with the pod filter, it will net him an extra 1 to 2 kW :)

Below is the scanned dyno sheet in all it's glory, 31.6kW on all 4 wheels :-o

ToranaGuy

That's pretty cool considering the Kei car's were limited ( still are? ) to 47kw @ the engine iirc.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

I'm surprised it fit across a 4WD dyno!