Few problems.

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Karu

How did my old man buy his new in 1986 in Melbourne when they weren't sold here? And how could people have bought their Holden Scurry's when they apparently weren't sold here either?
Brayden

Huh? When did Suzuki ever sell a vehicle with an F10A EFI motor?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Karu

I get what you are saying. That because they didn't sell an EFI F10A they wouldn't bring them in. I thought you were suggesting they didn't sell the Carry here.
I agree with you, they won't. I was saying that it is a shame that they don't. I mean they sell the thing new in India for about $5000 AUS and maybe cheaper in other less wealthy countries, so they couldn't lose if they brought a few EFI F10A's into Australia,(they must be produced very cheaply) after all they are, what is it, 11th or 12 largest vehicle manufacturer on the planet and I believe it neglectful that they still produce the Super Carry and purposely forget us. The Super carry is probably the only vehicle in the world that has carried the Ford and GM badge, Suzuki should be proud of its little van and import affordable spares to help keep them alive in all countries it sold them.
Tez

Maybe there's some obscure ADR that they dont meet, and the Oz market wouldn't warrant an engineering change to meet?
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brayden

Karu wrote:Suzuki should be proud of its little van and import affordable spares to help keep them alive in all countries it sold them.
It would be nice to think that Suzuki care about the cars they sell, but sadly they're only interested in making a profit. Keeping old cars on the road prevents them from selling new cars, so there's no point in them stocking a cache of parts. I think most manufacturers would love to abolish the ten year spare parts rule too!
Carryed Away

Sorry to get off the topic a bit.

I need a new distributor cap and rotor button for my super carry, but repco has no listing for anything on the carry, if i order a cap and button off a Suzuki Sierra F10A will it be the same as the cap and buttton on a F10A carry??

Also my rotor button is pretty stuburn, it looks like it should just pull of (no screws or clips etc) but it doesnt budge... any secrets to taking it off?
Brightline Racing Fabrications 0401 187 414
Al_Zhiemer

Also a little off topic...

Its not just the car companies who only keep spare parts for a limited time. I have a Toshiba Laptop, it died awhile ago and is only about 5 yrs old. When i rang toshiba australia i was told that sure i can send it to them, pay $82-50 to see if it could be repaired but the chances are it can't be because after the warranty period has expired, the no longer keep parts for them.
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
Brayden

Carryed Away wrote:Sorry to get off the topic a bit.

I need a new distributor cap and rotor button for my super carry, but repco has no listing for anything on the carry, if i order a cap and button off a Suzuki Sierra F10A will it be the same as the cap and buttton on a F10A carry??

Also my rotor button is pretty stuburn, it looks like it should just pull of (no screws or clips etc) but it doesnt budge... any secrets to taking it off?
Rotor button pulls off, dissy cap is the same as Sierra.
Jake.G

i may have found a solution to my problem.

a motor that has blown headgasket and timing belt.

it comes with the new gaskets and belt.

how much would i approximately be looking at to get it put back together etc?

if the timing belt is broken does that mean there will be other damage inside the motor?

thanks for anyhelp
Karu

Good luck, but if it did a timing belt I would be quite concerned. Pistons turning at a rapid rate while valves motionless BANG BANG BANG BANG. It would sound simular to my Magna siezing today after 928 kilometres without oil.
Jake.G

hahaha

yea thats what i thought. i will just keep looking.

thanks
mowog

the head has to come off any way so pull it and see if the valves are bent or pistons damaged, you have another motor to get a head off if needed.
worth looking at anyway, the owner would probably allow you to pull the head before buying.
Jake.G

the motors in adelaide or something so i cant look at it. would be poted to me not knowing whats wrong with it.

i neeeed a new motor. suzuki wants $3000 to rebuild mine or something stupid.

considering buying another carry van with an f10a and just swapping engines and keeping other van for parts?

if anybody comes across and f10a let me know.

thanks.
Brayden

SuziWorld could probably do you an exchange motor for half what you have been quoted.
Jake.G

as in i give them my motor. and some cash (say 1000) for a rebuilt motor?

is that what you mean by exchange?

i'm pretty sure suziworld is who told me not to bother rebuilding my motor. and that a rebuilt one would be 2500 and 600 to install or something. they were based in nerang on the goldcoast if that helps?

ive been told that putting a replacement motor in is easy as though is this right? replacing an f10a with an f10a shouldnt be hard?

would be a good way of saving $600.

*edit*

what is the difference between a rebuilt and reconditioned motor?

thanks for anyhelp.