(ACT) Hall Ute Show - 9 May 2009

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Brayden

I'm starting to get a bit excited about this show - I've been working on some new additions to the ute. :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Laura

Me too! I've spent every night for a week decking out the interior in preparation! Just need to clean up the engine and add a few more bits of velcro, bit of a polish, and see if i can get that second speaker working (i'm crap with electrics). :rock:
Brayden

If you get stuck then let me know. You can bring the ute to my place and I'll sort it out.
Laura

I actually think it's blown, I've wired it up ok (I think), and it's still dead. It could probably do with some soldering on the back of it as one of the connections has broken and I don't think my effort of cutting the wire and squishing it on, secured with electrical tape is doing the job. But I can bring it round Saturday morning before we go? I'll have to pick up a mate on the way through. Would that be ok? There's no rush.
Brayden

Yep that's cool. I'll msg you my address. Any time after 8am will be fine. Pretty sure I have a heap of spare speakers in a box somewhere anyway.
holk

Without sounding like a redneck, chauvinistic bastard the rest of us will want to see pictures of the show, particularly the Chick's category. :lol:
Brayden

Don't worry, there will be plenty of pics so long as I remember the camera. Which reminds me, I should add some pics from the Sutton Ute show I entered last month.
Laura

Without sounding like a redneck, chauvinistic bastard the rest of us will want to see pictures of the show, particularly the Chick's category.
I'll bring my camera too and make sure i take photos of the most fluffy, frangipani-sticker-clad vehicle i can find. K?
holk

Laura wrote:And dont particularly want to deck it out in frangipani stickers and g strings :x :x :x
I didn't mean frangipani cladding .......eh eh!!
Brokenshire

I didn't mean frangipani cladding .......eh eh!!
Maybe you should go to a show and see the standard of the owners in the 'chicks ute' category, most of them [insert mean things about ferals that could be deleted by moderators].:wink:

No offence of to our Laura of course, but generally there is a reason why they drive one tonners!

I'd rather look at the frangipani cladding
CHR15 N

I'll be coming as a spectator. Where abouts is it? the webpage has an address but google maps gave me a location in Yass.
Brayden

Here's the location: Hall Showground
Brayden

Well it was an "interesting" day out, but the weather was good and I got some much needed vitamin D from spending hours in the sun, so it wasn't a total loss.

The ute judging on the whole was disappointing at best, and pissweak at worst. Some very nice utes were overlooked for awards, which not only annoyed the crowd but probably had the owners scratching their heads too!

The upside is that Laura scored a "prize" (and I use the term loosely) for her efforts in covering most of the interior and tray area with astroturf, which was very popular amongst the kids.

I also wanted to thank Chris for showing up to say g'day. I realised that it has been at least 4-5 years since we've caught up, and it was good to see a familiar face. (I'll get to work arranging that track day too!)

I'll get some pics from the day posted up soon.
Laura

Yep, I had an interesting day also, with our little MightyBoy represent! Thanks for all your help Brayden! I can't even remember what my 'award' was for. Still good to get some redneck validation/appreciation. Not enough g-strings, obviously. Maybe next year. And it's good to say that now i drive an award winning ute! bahahaha! :lol:
Brayden

From what I remember the name of the award was "Doesn't need oil, just needs mowing." :roll:

Oh the hilarity. Image