(VIC) Melbourne Cruise - Sun. 9 August

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
ToranaGuy

Tez wrote:No worries ToranaMan... so you'll be fronting up in the EB with the extra-heavy duty towbar and the 5-minute sprayjob "Zook Recovery Vehicle" down the side? :D :D
ROFLMFAO! Yeah i'll be in the EB, i won't have my F8b bottom end back from the workshop to be able to drive my boy. The F5a in it is currently burning about 6/100 of petrol & 12/100 of oil. :x

The EB has a heavy duty tow pack but i've changed it a manual gearbox, tow rating is about 1300kg acc to the book (2300 as auto), but i pulled 1500 the other day without clutch slippage, and i have towed 2500 with some slippage recently. I should be able to tow 2 or 3 boys at a time..... :D :lol:

I wonder if i can get a Zook Recovery Vehicle sticker made up for the windscreen? lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Tez

burning about 6/100 of petrol & 12/100 of oil
Using a four-stroke engine as a two-stroke engine is very inefficient...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
eternal teen

I'm good to go for sunday, full run and lunch for two.I've got two uniden two way radio's as well to donate for the day.... see youze all at ringwood on sunday morning YAY!!! :wink: :) :!: :!:
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

Tez wrote:
burning about 6/100 of petrol & 12/100 of oil
Using a four-stroke engine as a two-stroke engine is very inefficient...
:lol: :lol: :x HA HA HA. It's not intentional! That issue will be resolved soon, my bottom end is at the workshop as i type this. I can't wait for the new engine to be built, then i can fit my new rims & how the power to make the boy move, lol.

I'll see if i can borrow a hand held uhf from my g/f's bro, he has a couple of them.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Karu

Tez, you say to meet in the Eastlands car park the same place as last time, where is that? See you there, Karu.
Tez

Hi Karu.
No Worries.
Meeting Point is:
Ground level carpark in the corner of Ringwood St and the Bypass.
Access from Ringwood Street, almost directly opposite Nelson St.
Meeting time - 9:45am
Leaving - 10:00am
Cheers
Tez
Psi_Wagon

Psi_Wagon wrote:sounds like a plan!

just a bit of info for you guys, between sunbury and bulla atm is some pretty major road works, Alot of mud/rocks etc on the road. so plan on gettin dirty if it rains!

Mt macedon will be fun for the f5a drivers! should be a good day though.
this is mostly cleared up now so all is good!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
ToranaGuy

Psi_Wagon wrote:
Psi_Wagon wrote:sounds like a plan!

just a bit of info for you guys, between sunbury and bulla atm is some pretty major road works, Alot of mud/rocks etc on the road. so plan on gettin dirty if it rains!

Mt macedon will be fun for the f5a drivers! should be a good day though.
this is mostly cleared up now so all is good!
Cool, that's good news.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
holk

Tez,

I think I am going to risk and come for the full drive. The engine seems fine - I have driven the car on a couple of occasions and it goes well. I will bring a rope and if something goes wrong, Toranaguy will pull..eheh!!

BTW. I may come down with my boy. If the pub is too busy, we'll get something else.

P
Tez

Paride.
Good news about the car! :D
See you tomorrow morning.
Tez
eternal teen

Hey all I've just this moment finished putting my boy back together after successfully getting rid of an annoying sound which turned out to be a faulty pressure plate/thrust bearing... \:D/ don't know which it was exactly but boy am I glad it's gone 8) .See you all in the morning. :) :)
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

Excellent ET... :D
Tez
ToranaGuy

I'll see you guys in the morning at eastland. I've got rope and jumper leads in the ford, and i may even bring some chain as well, lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Tez

ToranaGuy
Sounds Good.
See you there in the morning.
Tez
Tez

Well.
By 10am, 5 Suzukis had arrived and two forum members in other cars.
By 10:15 we were away. We drove out of Ringwood along Maroondah Highway to just past Chirnside Park where we took a turn off to the left. This was a less-travelled short-cut through to the Melba Highway, where we got on just prior to Yarra Glen. we followed the Melba Highway up into the blackened hills still recovering from the Black Saturday Bushfires and took a left, off the Highway at Castela.

At this point I got an SMS from Gazuga - he was making a huge effort to meet up with us, coming from Denilequin in NSW. He was hoping to meet up with us at Kilmore.

Still more climbing hills found us in Kinglake - one of the townships devastated by the fires. - Great to see the rebuilding well on the way, but still many caravans implied that the work is far from done yet! People must be still doing it tough in that area. I was amazed to see how much timber had been cut down and was being processed. - Too late for many unfortunately. we drove on through to Kinglake West and then on to Whittlesea.

The fires did not get that far, so the blackness was now behind us. At Whittlesea we headed for Wallan, where after nearly two hours of driving we stopped for a quick loo-break. A casual glance at the watch showed it was now 12:15 and theoretically we were supposed to be arriving in Lancefiled about this time... We still had some k's to cover, and so got back in the cars and bugged out. Another SMS from Gazuga to check on our progress as we were coming into Kilmore, indicated he was not far away. So at the Lancefield turn-off, we pulled over, only to get out, walk down the line of cars and find Gazuga had found us and tagged onto the end of the line!
So back into the car again, and we were off to Lancefield. We arrived about a half hour later than I had anticipated, but given we left 15 minutes later than I had planned, we were doing OK. We bundled en-masse into the Lancefield Pub and ordered lunch. Not too sure what time we got away - no-one was too fussed about the time... Holk gave his apologies but had to bug out, so took off home from there.

We took a 15 minute detour to check out a property in Lancefield that Ian thought we'd like to look at - then back on the road toward Mount Macedon. After a reasonable climb we found ourselves at the Mount Macedon Memorial Cross reserve, where, the weather had closed in a little and it was bitterly cold outside our toasty warm Suzukis... In spite of the cold we got out for a bit of a look-see and walked to the cross to take in the view.

Returning to the carpark, we all migrated to the Cafe there and bought hot coffees with which to thaw ourselves! Sitting inside, enjoying the coffees, and coonara fire, we eventually warmed up and after I dunno, half an hour maybe, we decided we'd better make more tracks. At the Cafe, several participants said they would be peeling off at different points along the route home, which was fine. Three cars completed the return trip to Ringwood, arriving after dark.

Another good, long, (if bitterly cold) day. :D

I've put some pics here:
http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... MelbAug09/
And I have some Hi-res pics of the participants Suzukis (approx 4.5Mb each x2 - driver's side & front) if you'd like me to send you a copy, PM me your email addy...

Cheers
Tez