My New Rims

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Brayden

Fronts I flared myself. The metal of the guards is so thin you can practically fold it by hand. I just removed them, layed them on a blanket, heated with a gun and tapped with a soft rubber mallet.

You're right about the rear, easiest thing is to shave off the metal that sticks out close to the rims. When you remove the rear wheels it is easy to spot.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Psi_Wagon

yeh thats the next step for my boy, atm ive reached the limits of lowering it without modifying the body (standard 12" rims). the fronts just hit on full lock, and the rear hits the top off the wheelarch with a decent bump.

ill be making some new rear wheel archs and addapting some commodore front flares to lower it some more, its currently dropped 3.5" in the rear and 4" in the front from standard!

Jay, whatever you do dont cut the rear guards! youll lose all strength on that panel, it will fold in if it even gets leaned on. Roll them as you do in the front, ive done it to all my cars.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
ToranaGuy

I was talking about cutting the bump stops man, don't worry, i won't cut the rear guards. tyre to guard clearance is enough i think.

I know the fronts are pretty thin, i have done some hand bending to fix the profile of the passenger side guard already, it was actually bent in a tad.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
suzutey

my bump stops are cut as much as they can be whilst leaving some rubber. and they passed roadworthy. lol.
Psi_Wagon

when i first lowered mine i cut the bumpstops a fair bit, but even then i only had 1.5" of suspension travel. so 2nd time around i completely removed the bumpstop plate that attaches to the chassis and now run standard bump stops.

got my susp travel back, but now the next job is modifying the wheel arches!
suzutey

so 2nd time around i completely removed the bumpstop plate that attaches to the chassis and now run standard bump stops.
i thought bout doing that, but my exhaust doesnt sit high enough. it already hits the axle on big bumps. might have to get it re done up higher. i also had to tke some of the face off the bolts that hold the rear shock absorbers on or else they touched my tyres when i hit bumps.
Karu

Yep, appears to be unroadworthy to me.
ToranaGuy

Karu wrote:Yep, appears to be unroadworthy to me.
What appears to be unroadworthy to you Karu? Most car's on our roads lol? Or the cutting of bump stops?

On my EB, i've got factory short bump stops & a factory optional diff bump stop as well to stop the tail shaft hitting the floor due to how low the car is. :oops:

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Psi_Wagon

lol i forgot the mention, i had to remove my spare tyre and the bracket that holds it in because of how high the rear axle can now go!
Karu

No Torana guy, I don't think every car is un-roadworthy and as you know me and my views i am amazed you would even think that. But if you look at Suzutey's post in General discussion "how could they ! :(" you will see that the cops took his car off the road, and from this comment of his I was saying I can understand why some cops could deem it that way.
suzutey

Karu wrote:
Yep, appears to be unroadworthy to me.
na that was the last exhaust. this one is perfect. all welded and new mounts. doesnt even move or make anything rattle
ToranaGuy

Karu wrote:No Torana guy, I don't think every car is un-roadworthy and as you know me and my views i am amazed you would even think that. But if you look at Suzutey's post in General discussion "how could they ! :(" you will see that the cops took his car off the road, and from this comment of his I was saying I can understand why some cops could deem it that way.
Chill Karu, i know your views & was having a bit of a joke, hence the lol at the end of the sentence! I haven't seen the other thread btw, i think i'll go have a read of it right now.

My exhaust isn't in great shape either, but it doesn't leak yet.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
ToranaGuy

Got my last 2 tyres and fit them up, took it for a spin, ride is still more than good enough, and not too rough, that is until i work on the suspension. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Billie

Wow, looks awesome.
stevan_istheman

yeah, real nice... makes me want to get my 14's on... :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.