Move aside there's a new King in town!

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Karu

Today I put my Super Carry on the Dyno. I was hoping to tune it while it was on there, actually I thought that was the reason it was going on it. But no, once it was mentioned that mine was going on everyone wanted theirs on it so we checked out our kW at the wheels. I was told the Carry was the smallest vehicle that had ever been on it. And like the 47 kW Mighty Boy on the Dyno mine also was the record holder, until the next car came on. I must say, when I saw the 47kW Mighty Boy it didn't occur to me how much fun that could be because the Carry is great fun with it's huge power output. If I had of known that it wasn't going to have a Dyno tune I would have tuned it first, unfortunately I had to tune it after the event, but it did make a difference, only too late. I would have put the chart up for all to see but I will wait until Brayden has made the site easier. So what did it achieve? I know you are all hanging out to know. My guess was 25kW, it reached 23.2kW. After my tuning I reckon it got close to 25.

Am I unhappy? Not at all, it goes great and keeps up with all the traffic so what more could I want?

There is always the young bloke arguments at TAFE about Ford VS Holden (Why?) One young bloke has spent $4000 on his V6 Holden engine while another bloke has spent $200 on his EB Ford engine. the V6 reached 93.4kW and the Ford reached 98.9kW. The Holden owner was the most unhappy of all, I was the happiest, I own a Super Carry, all 23.2kW of it and I would never dream of swapping it for a 98.9kW Ford.
Brayden

I'm curious what you would "tune" to increase the power output on a standard Carry... put C16 in it? :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Karu

Maybe I am wrong, I thought if a car was not tuned correctly it would have more power than an untuned engine, it certainly went better after it was tuned. What is a C16?
Brayden

C16 is race fuel. Don't get me wrong, an untuned engine will make less power, but about the only thing you can adjust on a standard Carry is the timing, which would have to be set pretty badly in the first place for an adjustment to make any difference to the power output. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
supervan

93.4 rwkw on the 3.8. if so thats about stock. with 4,000 in mods i would be verry upset. ive spent 7,500 and now am blown,cam'd and hevally ported and eating xr turbos,xr8's and have 212rwkw,530nm. but still have just as much fun if not more in my supercarry :D
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
stevan_istheman

Brayden wrote:I'm curious what you would "tune" to increase the power output on a standard Carry... put C16 in it? :lol:
Nah... C16 is for girls...
Meth or Nitro :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
supervan

stevan_istheman wrote:
Brayden wrote:I'm curious what you would "tune" to increase the power output on a standard Carry... put C16 in it? :lol:
Nah... C16 is for girls...
Meth or Nitro :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cut a hole in the floor and flinstone along :lol:
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan