(VIC) Melbourne Cruise - Sun. 25 October

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
holk

Tez,

Sounds it going to be another really good drive. I may meet you all at Ringwood, but I will not be able to join you for the day due to family commitments (moving house!).

I am definitely in, however, in December

Paride
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

Nicely worded Tez!

LowBoy,

Mate, i didn't have my boy on the road for the last cruise, so i fronted up in my EB, it wasn't as much fun as it would have been if i was in my boy, but i still enjoyed the meet & greet, as well as the country drive. :D

We shouldn't have to worry about a police presence, as i believe all our mighty boys are legal, and if they are not, they don't attract much police attention. Not to mention if your following around a group of mighty boy's, your large car shouldn't make enough noise to attract attention anyway. My eb didn't, and it's only barley legal for exhaust noise.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
LowBoy

Tez - Well said, I will definatly think about continuing on the cruise after the meet with you all. Most people dont like the humble vl but it's all i've got for a few months, until i invest in a mightyboy and turbo that. :D

Toranaguy - Well, if you went with your EB i midas well just rock up and see how I go in mine, although mine has a bit more than an exhaust rumble.

I also enjoy crusing and dont mind travelling at 80km, so count me in.
Looking for a MIGHTYBOY.. PM Me with what you got.
toy550

I'm definately in, if they ask me to work this time ill tell them im sick.
ToranaGuy

LowBoy wrote:Tez - Well said, I will definatly think about continuing on the cruise after the meet with you all. Most people dont like the humble vl but it's all i've got for a few months, until i invest in a mightyboy and turbo that. :D

Toranaguy - Well, if you went with your EB i midas well just rock up and see how I go in mine, although mine has a bit more than an exhaust rumble.

I also enjoy crusing and dont mind travelling at 80km, so count me in.
Cool. I know i probably shouldn't brag about this in this tread, but it's a good reason for a bump! lol.

My Eb, it's far far away from stock lol. A quick run down. Shaved head, roughly 9.7:1 comp, LPG Injection, EF Thermo fan conversion, EF fuse conversion, Extractors & 2.5" system with 1 straight thru muffler & 1 resonator, T5 5speed conversion(ghia's don't come in manual), Rebuilt LSD, Kings low springs, 17x8 xr6 copies, GT Body kit, replaced ghia velour interia with optional full leather interia, seats & door trims. Nolethane bushes all round, camber kits, Stereo, Cruise control working with the manual...... And plenty more work to do, need to replace bonnet, radiator support, fix my front bar (cracked), install another amp, tidy up the boot, new tint, blah blah blah it never ends!

It probably doesn't stack up to your VL, my eb has a few rough edges, it's daily driven & has just over 400,000 kms on the clock now, but it's ok for my daily drive. Doesn't go too badly either. Then i've got 2 more toys in the shed i should also be working on more. Yep, a LH Turbo Torana & a Hz panel van. :-o

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

ToranaGuy wrote: Cool. I know i probably shouldn't brag about this in this tread, but it's a good reason for a bump! lol.
:lol: Mate you never miss an opportunity to talk about the Falcon/Tory. I'm nearly inclined to add another section to the forum for it. :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Karu

Yeah, and after all that work he couldn't keep up with our Suzuki's on the last Melbourne run :lol:
ToranaGuy

Karu wrote:Yeah, and after all that work he couldn't keep up with our Suzuki's on the last Melbourne run :lol:
It was supposed to be a zook cruise, so i let the zooks go ahead. It's called being polite, and for your info, even with the weight penalty of the ghia bits & gt bits, i can still keep stock vl turbo's honest. :D
Brayden wrote:Mate you never miss an opportunity to talk about the Falcon/Tory. I'm nearly inclined to add another section to the forum for it. :Poking out tongue:
Maybe so, but we all have other toys than our zooks and i think it's cool to know about other's toys, especially the mods they do to them. If you really want to, add a section called " other toys " for us to yap/brag/plug our other toys in. :wink: Just FYI, almost nothing i own is "stock standard", i tend to modify everything i have. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy
LowBoy

A section where other rides you own would be a good idea. My vl pushes out 226rwkw@15psi so its not your average shitty vl.

Cant wait til i find a good mightyboy project, i will be turboing that :D
Looking for a MIGHTYBOY.. PM Me with what you got.
Brayden

We have an "general discussion" section for your falcodore land yacht conversations. :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:We have an "general discussion" section for your falcodore land yacht conversations. :P
ROFLMFAO!

More like if i mounted an 88 on the roof it would be a battle tank. :lol: :x

Anyway, back on topic of the cruise, if anyone wants to see a couple pics i shot on the last one, they are in my gallery under Vic Cruise.

My engine's bottom end is assembled, next w/e i'll pull the F5a out & pinch the bits i need off it, such as flywheel, timing gears, engine mounts, and fit them to the F8b, and drop it in, weather pending. The oil clearances are tight, so i still am not sure if i'll get it run in before the cruise. I'll need to be gentle on it.......

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Arctic Alto

Hey guys,

i wont be able to make it to this one :(

My F5A just died. hopefully it will be ready for the next one.
ToranaGuy

That's sad news! Can't make it along in something else?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Tez

So I've been watching the weather for Sunday - http://www.weather.com.au/vic/melbourne through the course of the day - It's changed about 4 times today :lol:

But generally seems to be on the improve... Wondering what people are planning to do for Lunch. I think I'll bring a few snags and a few rissoles and the makings for a BBQ lunch, and then some money in case the weather does go Ka-ka or people prefer to dine at the pub... If we do decide to go to the pub then ditching a few raw snags and a few rissoles will not mean the end of the earth...

So what is the general consensus? - Go the BBQ option if it is fine? or would you prefer a Pub lunch regardless? - (I have NOT eaten at this Pub so CANNOT vouch for the food, but willing to give it a go!)
Tez
So the adventure continues...
eternal teen

I'd say if the weather forecast is fine, then go the barbie but I'd leave it to the last minute on the day, just to be sure... as you know...this is Melbourne and anything can happen. One things for sure though, I'll see you all there on Sunday morning. :D :) 8)
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]