(VIC) Melbourne Cruise - Sun. 25 October

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Ringwood -> Yarra Junction -> Noojee (Lunch. Explore a bit) -> Drouin -> Berwick -> Ringwood.

Same meeting place as last time. :D
(Eastlands Carpark - Cnr Ringwood St & The Bypass)
9:45am Meet, Depart 10:00am

Lunch at Noojee - There are BBQ facilities in a reserve if the weather is nice, or the Pub if the weather is not so nice - We can decide that closer to the date. :lol:

All Back roads, no Freeways, no dirt roads, no massive hills, but very scenic in places... :D Much like the last cruise, but a different part of the country. - Not quite as long as the last cruise - About 1.5 hours out, 2.5 hours back (not including stops).
Tez
So the adventure continues...
cam

Ill make it along to one of these cruises.
I finally got my black mb on the road yesterday!!
Its only been 13months!!
Such a long line of hurdles to jump through and headaches.
Its NA at the moment running the turbo carby. pretty rough!
needs some TLC but gets me to uni and work (5ks each way)

might need to sign up with RACV roadside assist before i head out though.
Should have the turbo kit back on by october now its finally passed rego.

Cheers

Cam
eternal teen

Sounds like a great day I'll be there..... hope we get a good turn out like last time :D :)
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

Put the route plan in my gallery...

Here: http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... e.jpg.html

Looking forward to it. - Hope we get as many as last time, that was a much better turn-out than the few previous.

Cheers

Hey Cam...
How's the car running?
Tez
LowBoy

I might come to the meet point, i've only got a vl turbo but i love these lil cars, is that alright? the cruise sounds like a long trip so i dont think i'd make it to that.
Looking for a MIGHTYBOY.. PM Me with what you got.
Tez

the cruise sounds like a long trip
Really?

We had Phil's cruise in November - that was about 170k's and 3 hours driving, then February was about 3.75hrs driving time but only 140k's. August was bigger - those of us that did the entire loop back to Ringwood got back about 7:00pm so that was near enough 9 hours (of which we sat and chatted for maybe 2.5-3 hrs over lunch and at Mt.Macedon) and about 260 k's (maybe that was a bit big!). The Noojee one is deliberately a bit smaller at about 4 hrs driving time and 220k's...

I like the idea of a "decent" drive once every few months to give the car a good run and clean the crap out of my motor amongst other things... But I don't want to spend time planning what I think is OK and everyone else thinks is a bloody great marathon!

I can only go from the feedback I get and so far, those that have attended the drives, all seem to think they were ok... ?

What do people think? - am I making them too big?
Tez
Karu

Don't worry Tez you know he's driving a Commodore, he's bound to get nervous that it won't make the trip.
I am looking forward to it, my biggest issue is which of my two Super Carrys' do I drive.
ToranaGuy

Tez,

Cruise sounds like a good trip, and the map looks good too! I wonder if i can have my boy on the road by then? I just picked the head up today, and i have all the bits required to assemble the F8b again. Just need time to do it & run it in.

Otherwise i think i'll be along but again in my ford.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Tez

Yeah, Cheers Guys...
I just wondered if maybe I was making them too big from the outset you know?, then with Lowboy's comment...
Jay - Hope you get that puppy together & get it running... You've still got 4 weeks or so, but dont rush it. If not, come in the EB (again) - there will always be the next one... (I'm already roughing out an idea for another cruise in December - NW & West of Melbourne for that one)
Lowboy - You're welcome too... - If you look, we had 7 cars turn up for the last cruise - only 5 of them were actually Suzukis - and we had one join in along the way.
Tez
ToranaGuy

Karu wrote: I am looking forward to it, my biggest issue is which of my two Super Carrys' do I drive.
If they are both reliable, take the one you didn't drive last time dude!

Tez,

I should be assembling the F8b next weekend. Might even get it into the boy & hooked up. If i come, I will be showing the fresh F8b off, bling wise not bad driving wise, lol. It's ford blue for the block, black sump & timing cover, and ford blue rocker cover with "suzuki" in yellow. It should look great & put the rest of the car to shame. :lol:

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Karu

It was a hint!
Last edited by Karu on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tez

I should be assembling the F8b next weekend. Might even get it into the boy & hooked up.
Great News Jay! 8)

Look forward to seeing it....

Here's hoping it all goes really well for you.
Tez
ToranaGuy

Karu wrote:It was a hint!
You could drive one & your partner the other? At the lunch point you could swap, then you get to drive both. :D
Tez wrote: Great News Jay! Cool

Look forward to seeing it....

Here's hoping it all goes really well for you.
Thanks mate. Who knows, i might even have the money & time for new tyres as well, if all goes well with the assembly & fitment. Not that the tyres on the car are stuffed, the 165/65 R13's are ok, but i'm bored of them & i have a nice new set of 15x5's i want to fit to the boy. :twisted:

Cheers

ToranaGuy
LowBoy

Karu: Your dam right im nervous it wont make the trip. Commodores and reliable dont go hand in hand.

Tez: not intending to offend mate jsut most cruises i have been on are around the 80KM distance, generally dont make ti to the last meet point due to a police presence. Im quite new to the site and dont know anyone, nor do i own a mightyboy, it might look weird. By all means plan the trip as long as you want. My comment has no relevance to your past cruises, and whether people liked them or not, i was just shocked at the distance you guys travel in cruises.
Looking for a MIGHTYBOY.. PM Me with what you got.
Tez

Hey Lowboy...
No offence taken! :lol: I'm fairly new to this "planning cruises" thing - had never been on a "cruise" before Phil's in November, so not too sure what the protocol is... :-o

From the few we've run since, I can say that they guys & girls that rock up are all fairly laid back and friendly - It's a nice day out. I mentioned my reasoning for the approximate length of the cruise - these cars are tiny, but they are a fair-dinkum car all said and done, and if they aren't capable of driving a few hundred k's in a day, I'll go he for tiggy. Any car should be capable of that sort of distance! 8)

As for turning up in something non-suzuki... We've already done that - the general consensus is, if you're interested in these cars, or have one and want to go for a spin, then front up, be friendly and we'll all get along just great - if you're still looking for a Zook, then front up in whatever you're driving - no big deal.

Phil set the scene with his cruise down to Torquay in November last year - these cars are NOT muscle cars, so we dont try to do anything stupid in them... Back roads so the Testosterone filled <insert big vehicle here> drivers can go intimidate someone else on the freeways whilst we take it easy at about 80-90 on lesser used roads. All bitumen where possible because all of us would like to think that our Zook will one day be a show-car, and so I try avoid dirt roads.

Drive for an hour or more to make it worth while coming - a 30 minute blat from one suburb to another doesn't do much for me, so why would it for others? Then stop somewhere "interesting" for lunch, then the drive home.

Phil's cruise was down the Princes Freeway & back again because he had picked Torquay as his destination and really didn't have much other option, - and a great spot for a casual BBQ it was too! - So I got inspired.

Now I like to plan my trips to do a loop - go out on one road, come back by another. That's just me. - Each to their own. I've tried to kick-start some interest in other Melbourne members to have a go at planning a cruise - it's really not that hard.

I've sussed out the last two, this next one and I have another I'm putting together for December sometime... I'll admit I'm enjoying the challenge of mapping these out, and will continue to do so whilst I'm enjoying it, and people continue to turn up...

But who knows, one day I might just decide I've had enough, and that will be it for me.

Sorry for the long-winded explaination - it kinda just poured out.

So FWIW, I'll be fronting up at Ringwood in a few weeks time, to give any others that want to tag along a chance to meet up, then I'll bugger off to Noogee along some nice roads, where I'll stop for lunch before coming home a different way. Anyone that wants to come along and play nice is very welcome.

Cheers
Tez