Marks F6B build

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
gazuga

Ive decided its about time i started rebuilding my boy, its been sitting with no engine for about 3 years now after i blew it up :x When it blew i got the sads and ignored it for a while and bought an v8 XY falcon ute and a big suzuki TL1000R bike. i had my fun with them and have since got rid of them.
I got a visit from a local lady a few months ago, she just bought a mightyboy and was looking for parts and she got me all excited about the little fella again. couple of weeks later i went on the victorian cruise in the wagon and came back all motivated to get back into it :D

Which leads me to this. im starting this thread as a to do list, and to try and keep myself motivated :lol:
i plan to get as many pics as i can as i go along to help me see where ive come from.

Ive sourced myself a new f6b engine after a massive search which should arrive in a week or so. in my travels ive also managed to score a hard lid which will go on. i plan to splash a bit of paint around as the last job was pretty half assed and only ended up with two coats and looked woeful. i plan to actually engineer the damn thing as it was never done when i got it years ago. i might see if i can find myself some new wheels and finally, im thinking some carpet and a working heater might be the go for the first time since ive owned it(8/9 years). on the paint side of things, the plan is black on black on black inside, and i have a heap of orange paint in the shed i should probably make use of. so im thinking orange with a black hard cover. am still deciding if i might splash a bit of black over the bonnet, or maybe just paint between the lines on the bonnet?

ok so that was a huge first post, should be a lot shorter after this hopefully as will let the pics do the talking from now on :lol:

for before pics, check the cruise gallery for all the early ones, started black, added bonnet scoop and wheels. then went silver with no scoop, then went missing :oops:
Brayden

Let me be the first to say it - ABOUT TIME! :P

Glad to hear you're getting things back on track, and if I can do anything to help out just ask. With the paint, I reckon black over orange looks very sharp:

The other option is painting the whole thing orange (including the cover) and running two black stripes over the whole thing from the tailgate to the bonnet, but stop about three inches from the front of the bonnet and curve the edges. (I'll do a mockup in Photoshop when I get back from the coast.)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gazuga

so i guess i will start with the pics.
was a bit lazy pulling it down and didnt get any pics along the way.
have started at the front with a degrease and paint of the engine bay and inner guards..

yeah brayden have thought about both of those options with the paint, im assuming you mean like late 60's camaro with the stripes? have also thought about bonnet and roof black over everything else orange.
Brayden

Is that wheel scrub in the second to last pic? If so I would be plating and strengthening the subframe where the massive chunk has been removed!
gazuga

nah just me attacking with the wire brush, there has only been the tiniest bit of scrub at the front on the little plastic guard.

didnt get much done over the weekend, hurt my back on saturday so couldnt really do much, just a bit of light sanding, layed some bog on a few little rough spots. hope to have it all sanded and masked by the end of next weekend..
ToranaGuy

Glad to read the melb cruise has got you back into your boy Gazuga!

What's the mod plate on the firewall for? Asking because you said something about getting it engineered......

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
gazuga

mod plate was issued in qld, the engineer that did it is not certified with nsw rta, therefore not valid for nsw rego. thats what i got told when i tried to use it when i first registered it. so i just registered it as a stock f5a and made sure i didnt crash into anything and drove as quietly as i could in public :wink:
not the smartest thing to do, but was young and stupid at the time :oops:
Ford guy

just wondering where you sourced the hard cover from and what type [metal or fiber glass ] if you can help
gazuga

got it off a parts car i scored a few years ago. will get pics in the next few days.
on ebay at the moment there is a red mightyboy in baccus marsh with a very similar top on it, only mine doesnt have the bars on it.

mine appears to be moulded plastic, could be glass not sure, has the detail lines same as the bonnet, and support frame underneath, had a (stuffed) gas strut mounted as well. ive seen at least 4 the same in echuca and surrounds but never managed to chase them down, always heading other direction etc. been a while since ive seen one though :? one of the pizza shops in echuca ran a fleet of boys when new and had hard covers commisioned somewhere. is all rumour and a guy that knows a guy type of stuff. rumour has it theres a guy in lockington in country vic that got one direct from the pizza shop but ive never been able to find him, and lockington isnt that big a town.

sorry bit long winded for no real information :lol:
Brayden

The hard covers were produced for a Suzuki dealer in Melbourne. They went out of production when that dealer stopped selling MightyBoys. ;)
gazuga

found some pics from when i picked it up..
Tez

With the assistance of some of the lads at work, I made up a hard top for my MB two Friday's ago - just put pics in my gallery - not too unhappy with the result given, it is a prototype - if I could be bothered having another go at it I'd get the next one more waterproof. It does tend to tidy up the back end of the car somewhat and hangs on nicely at "off-the-dial" :D I have latches I've not yet fitted to make it lockable, but I think they will only bugger up the clean lines and invite people to wonder what's inside...
Pics Here: http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/Tez/HardTop/
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ToranaGuy

gazuga wrote:mod plate was issued in qld, the engineer that did it is not certified with nsw rta, therefore not valid for nsw rego. thats what i got told when i tried to use it when i first registered it. so i just registered it as a stock f5a and made sure i didnt crash into anything and drove as quietly as i could in public :wink:
not the smartest thing to do, but was young and stupid at the time :oops:
That's interesting, because i thought if it was already engineered & rego'd you just t/fer the rego & be done with it.....

Hard top pics look cool. I've drawn up plans to build a top for my tub, but not yet had the chance to do anything about it. This summer tho, it will be done.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

QLD mod plates are only accepted in QLD. To register a mod-plated car in NSW requires certification by an NSW engineer.

This will all change if/when the DOTARS regs are standardised across the country.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:QLD mod plates are only accepted in QLD. To register a mod-plated car in NSW requires certification by an NSW engineer.

This will all change if/when the DOTARS regs are standardised across the country.
So even after it's initial registration after the certification, if you t/fer your rego to another state you need to re-engineer the vehicle? That really sucks.

Cheers

ToranaGuy