87 alto works - What fuel pump???

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
holk

I have installed a F5a from an Alto works onto my MB, and I am having huge problems with the petrol pump.

I was wondering if the Alto Works (F5A) has an internal pump or an external, if has a surge tank (low pressure pump to it and high pressure out) or only a high pressure and if you know what pump is it (brand/model).
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Brayden

It has an internal pump, no surge tank. If you're having issues then I suggest running a Bosch 070 and a genuine SARD regulator. (Not the cheapo knockoff versions on ebay). Make sure you put the pump as close to the tank as possible. (HPLV pumps will not pull fuel efficiently, only push it.)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
tommyboy

Hi,

Just removed the fuel pump on my 87 Alto RSR Works F5a and it was external mounted about 200mm from rear end of tank. Doesn't have a brand on it just a bunch of numbers on one end 195100-1230 and 15100-53A00 2G. The inlet was 12mm hose from the tank with a sock on the inlet of the pump and the outlet comprised of a banjo fitting with a inbuilt check valve in the spigot and a adjustable regulator looking thing holding it all together. The outlet was 8mm barbed.