New bodykit pics

Chat about anything and everything.
Brayden

Just thought I'd share some pics of the snot rocket with the Alto Works front/rear bars now fitted and painted.

Thanks to John Verban for supplying the bars, which were in great condition. The rear bar took a fair bit of cutting/heating/reshaping around the flanks to fit snuggly into the rear wheel arches, but I was happy with the result considering it was my 2nd attempt at working with plastic.

Front bar also needed a bit of trimming and some custom brackets to get it on, and I hacked out the offset number plate holder to allow more air into the intercooler. THe area behind the foglights needed to be removed to clear the piping.

Also took the opportunity to fit a new rear muffler. It now has a mini-cannon style muffler instead of the old offset dumpy. The muffler is just about the perfect size too - 2" inlet, 3" outlet and a body that is only about 10" long.

F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

looks awesome
suzutey

looking very nice. haha the cannon aye. i also couldnt help myself. i have a straght through "Apexi turbo Cannon" haha. with a burnt 4" titanium tip. haha

just coz it looks stupid. lol. i love fitting ridiculously large things to the boy "Good contrast"
Brayden

Only reason I went for the cannon was because it is the least restrictive option. It has freed up a noticable amount of power compared to the old offset muffler. Originally I was going for a GXR carbon can but they're too pricey. :(
ToranaGuy

Looks HOT Brayden!

I do have a question tho, why didn't you fit 2 cannons to poke out the holes in the rear bar, that's what they are for isn't it?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

They're not holes actually! You might not see it in the pics but they're small plastic mesh inserts that cover up the bolts that hold the bumper on. I did have the idea of using those spots for the exhaust but they're right above the leaf spring rear shackles, in line with the chassis.

The cutout for the exhaust is right where I mounted it, complete with metal heat shield.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:They're not holes actually! You might not see it in the pics but they're small plastic mesh inserts that cover up the bolts that hold the bumper on. I did have the idea of using those spots for the exhaust but they're right above the leaf spring rear shackles, in line with the chassis.
Fooled me! :cool:

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Tez

Way cool Brayden :lol:

Even my wife who still cannot see the attraction in a Mighty Boy thinks they look fantastic. - Quote: "Oohh - I loke those bumpers - they make it look modern without going over the top"

Well done.
So THATS how you take an already nice ride and improve it... Now what ?
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ike849

beat me too it!!! 8) I'm in the process of fitting the exact same bars (front and rear) to my MB...thanks to john also.....

The front looks great!!!! I havn't started on the rear yet, but looking at yours it doesn't look as good as I had hoped....something about the angles or maybe less protrusion???

top job though!!!! :D
Brayden

I agree, the angles fight with each other and make it look a bit poxy - especially the side wings. I have another Alto rear bar here from a CS model which I might try out instead.

At any rate I think the rear bar looks better than the standard bumper I had before, so I'll chalk it up as a win for the moment. Fingers crossed the new black number plates I ordered will make the angle of the center part look less obvious.
Tez wrote: Now what ?
Still lots more on my to do list don't worry about that! Next priority is the brake upgrade I've been tinkering with. After that the interior needs work and there's always the eternal quest for more power!
cam

Looks great!
especially the driving lights still in place with the FMIC!
ceej

Looks very good mate, top stuff.

I can't wait to see it in the flesh when I come home over Christmas! Better still be together! :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
stevan_istheman

Sex on wheels....
Looks so good brayden.
Eventually i want to do the same but i have the same priority list problem you have and theres the cashflow one too. :wink:
Good job all the same mate.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
pat

Give you 300 for your old bumper :)
[img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9296/yupt.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Sorry, that is staying tucked away as a spare in case this one ever gets damaged. ;)