Albury Mighty Boy Gathering - 20th & 21st March 2010

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

When: 19/20/21 March 2010 < NEW DATE
Where: Albury/Wodonga (NSW/VIC border)

Accommodation:
I've selected a Tourist Park (Actually in Wodonga) - they are a Big4 Tourist Park and from the discussions I've had, sound to be the best option. - The bloke I spoke to was "Alan" and I told him we might crack it for 15 - 20 cars.

Contact details are:
Phone: (02)6024 3906
Fax: (02)6056 5501
Freecall: 1800 000 408
He assures me he will have plenty of accommodation options open for the weekend of 20/21 March. - Check their website for Tarrifs etc.
I told him that I would get you guys to contact him directly to organise your own accommodation. - But you might mention you're a part of the Mighty Boy group.
Ininerary:
Friday Early - Head to local meeting point and meet other local drivers - then head off toward Albury/Wodonga
Friday 2-3pm - Arrive Borderland Caravan Park Wodonga - Organise Accommodation.
Friday 5-5:30 - Head out to <t.b.a.> Chinese Restaurant for Dinner
Friday Later - Return to Caravan Park - Chat - Whatever - Bed.

Saturday 8:30am - Short trip to Albury Memorial for those enthusiastic enough to come (return approx 10:00am)
Saturday 10:30am - Head off for Lake Hume Cruise - Return Approx 1:00pm - Organise own Lunches
Saturday 1-5:00pm - Nothing Specific Planned - Free Time!
Saturday 5:30pm - Head out to Ettamogah Pub for Dinner
Saturday Later - Return to Caravan Park - Chat - Whatever - Bed

Sunday 8:30am - Pack up
Sunday 10:00am - or therabouts - Leave to drive home.
Sunday Later - Arrive home.

Things to Bring:
Tent! - or other arranged accommodation!
Bedding - if not otherwise arranged
UHF Walkie-Talkie type Radio (If you have one)
Sunscreen
Friendly Attitude! :)
Commonsense.

Disclaimer:
Neither I nor anyone associated with TAMON will be held liable for any loss or accident incurred during this weekend activity. - Come of your own free will, be sensible and we'll all have fun. - Your arrival at the gathering will be deemed as your acceptance of these terms.

Attending:

Vic/Tas:
- Tez ( 1 )
- ToranaGuy ( 1 )
- Karu ( 2 )
- Toy550 ( 1 )
- MydBoy ( 2 )
- mini_kompressor ( 2 )
- Holk ( 4 )

ACT:
- Brayden ( 4 )
- Laura ( 1 )
- Tom ( 1 )

NSW:
- Chris N ( 1 )
- Brokenshire ( 2 )
- Gazuga ( 1 )
- Pat ( 1 )
- 1TUFMB ( 2 )

QLD:

Total = 26 People in 17 cars
Last edited by Tez on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Billie

I'm defiantly in, get my P's January. Long drive from Brisbane though.
Tez

Nova_66 - Excellent! - Fair effort coming down from Brissy, but you'd be very welcome..!
Tez
Karu

I wouldn't miss it Tez.
Brayden

You know I'm down for this. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
toy550

Tez, i'd be more than happy to go. As long as when we cruise up to Albury together, we take a few rest stops. Dont know how good the sierra will go driving long distance on 35" tyres, but i'll definately give it a go.

PS. Thanks for organising these past few cruises. All that you have done is very much appreciated
Tez

Phil - Already scoped out a bit of a plan for getting there - subject for another thread - Stops @ Seymour, Benalla, Albury - more if ppl want...

Brayden - will be nice to finally meet! :)
(you need to rustle up some travelling companions!)
Tez
Laura

I'm in. Brayden we can cruise together if you want. That way when my car starts to die you can come up with miraculous mighty boy fix-its! :wink:
gazuga

in \:D/
closest cruise EVAAAAAAR :lol: be nice to finally do more k's on a cruise than getting to it :P
blueprintute

Spewin ill ill miss this, WA is a little too far to attend a cruise in Albury, got family there so it would've been excellent, 2 birds with one boy lol.
Hope everything goes off without a hitch!!
87 Mighty Boy! Black . . . FOR SALE!!
03 XR6 Turbo Ute
09 250R Ninja
Tez

closest cruise EVAAAAAAR Laughing be nice to finally do more k's on a cruise than getting to it Poking out tongue
Hmmm... Denny to Albury... That'd be what??? - only two boil overs??? :P :lol:
Tez
Brokenshire

I haven't finished reading the first post But i'm in 110%.
Brayden

Tez, I know you've said "leave Saturday morning" but in case anyone else is interested I'll most likely take the Friday off and make it a 3-day trip. ;)

With accomodation my best advice is to find a preferred place but let everyone book themselves - or organise their own groups for shared accom. That way you don't get left holding the ball when people inevitably pull out.

I am looking forward to this! If you need any help Tez I am happy to help out. I know a little bit about the area and have organised some big cruises for RedlineGTI in the past.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

Hi Brayden...
Leave friday morning is definitely on the cards if I can organise all the other Victorians to do likewise! :lol: Otherwise I'll go in the flow...
Victorians! - I now get rostered days off, so can arrange to have the Friday free, if others can do likewise, we need to chat...

Accommodation: - I agree entirely - the trick will be to "sound out" a Tourist Park about availability WITHOUT letting on that there is a "car club" gathering planned - I'd guess most TP Managers would shy away from hosting that... but regardless, we will need to know approximate numbers - hence this post. I also said right at the start, that only people serious about attending need comment.

Having said all that, it is inevitable that there will be some last-minute cancellations - happens with everything. :-o

Thanks for the offer of help - I may well draw on your local knowledge yet... stay posted! :lol:

BTW people - I didn't intend to exclude other forum members with my initial posting - I just figured QLD, SA, WA, NT & Tas were all a bit far away, but if you're in one of those states and can arrange yourself to get there, then you'll probably score celebrity status right off the bat for your effort! - Blueprintute - If you can get to Tullamarine Airport on the Friday or Saturday (whichever day we finally do head up), I'll swing past and pick you up... :-o Nothing is impossible if you want it badly enough! :wink:
Tez
holk

Tez,

As everyone has said, GREAT IDEA !

I am in. If my wife decides to baptise another child or my parents move again, I'll get a divorce - two birds with one stone! (....just joking darling.....she reads this forum every now and then and she doesn't deserve after all!).
Happy to go on Friday. I don't have RDOs but I prefer cruising than working :P

If you need any help for the Victorian contingent, let me know
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]